@Bugsounet Cool additions and fixes. I need to find out more about the notifications to learn how to disable other modules when music is streaming.
I make a developer tools module for displaying notification and payload Read there
I think it can help you
@Bugsounet Very interesting. This also looks promising. I’ll comment in the other topic.
@Bugsounet I noticed in my pihole logs that there were at least 10 DNS queries for Spotify per second, something is not right. The actual refresh rate for the module is set to 3000 ms. I had to disable the module.
i correct it with last update
1.3.2 (2020-05-15) Modified: onStart script (Now launched if Spotify initialized) Added: "Cast" Icons 1.3.1 (2020-05-14) Modified: 'progress bar' Fixed: number of request on idle (depend now of updateInterval config)
sorry, I take over the project … and its bugs!
I correct little by little
note: after … I understand why my mirror crashed with this module!
now it’s better
thinking to @eouia who love when I fixed bugs
@Bugsounet, thanks for fixing it. From the changelog, should I expect that many requests again when not on idle?
I will try to improve it…
actually i’m working arround another bug …
multi account and connected / disconnected notification …
with one account it’s works correctly but not with multi
it’s horrible, in multi-account mode, MMM-Spotify tries to connect to all accounts to send news live
I really wonder if the multi-account mode is really a good feature
and of course … wow it spam like it can not connect to the account that we do not use
humm, how to manage this mess !?
i will impect …
- with multi account, I think It can crash the RPI … (so so so so … more loop)
- in my dev platform (desktop with debian linux):
- in idle: CPU 3%
- with buggy playing multi-account : CPU 36%
It’s very very high !!!
I propose this (and i have already coded a part of it in other dev) :
- a single account checking and displaying (default account in config)
- Changing account is by vocal (like
Jarvis ... Spotify account name)
name is the USERNAME defined in the spotify.config.json file
Of course, i will add this function in AMk2 Spotify recipe
Less CPU time, Less DNS request, Less Loop for Checking … More Free Memory and RPI will be better
what do you think about this ?
- Added & Modified: Multi-account management by notification SPOTIFY_ACCOUNT
- Fixed: Loop CONNECTED/DISCONNECTED on multi-account
- Fixed: Less CPU time, Less DNS request
- Fixed: Maybe RPI crashed when using multi-account (memory leaks)