MagicMirror² v2.11.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
READ THE CHANGELOG BEFORE UPDATING!

MMM-Spotify

• Module Developer

@matt216
    Because, Spotify playback API doesn’t be designed to push the status to the caller. The module should use pooling to get CURRENT playback status whenever it is needed. Set bigger value to updateInterval.

• @Sean thanks, appreciate the reply. Makes sense!

• Hello,

i am using your Module a couple of Months, it always worked well…
    …but since the last Update, it “hangs” after a couple of Minutes, which means,
    it still shows up, but the Title-Information and the Time is frozen.
    I am using MMM-Spotify and MMM-NowPlayingOnSpotify (I also use MMM-Carousel,
    so I have different “screens” on which I use both Modules, but not simultaneously.
    While MMM-Spotify is “freezing”, MMM-NowPlayingonSpotify is going on well…

They worked BOTH OK, before the Update…

Any Ideas?

• Module Developer

@Mondfisch
    Hmmm. A recent update was for just multi-account supporting. Can you show backend log when it happened?

• Thank you for answering…

I´m not sure which log do you mean… Can you give me a path, i will post it, then…

• I have similar situation like @Mondfisch described. And once problem appears, I got below log:

[15:46:23.437] [LOG] [SPOTIFY] API Request fail on : /v1/me/player
    [15:46:23.440] [LOG] { Error: Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established
    at TLSSocket.onConnectEnd (_tls_wrap.js:1092:19)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:273:13)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:187:15)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1090:12)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
    code: ‘ECONNRESET’,
    path: null,
    host: ‘api.spotify.com’,
    port: 443,
    localAddress: undefined } undefined
    [15:46:23.458] [LOG] Whoops! There was an uncaught exception…
    [15:46:23.461] [ERROR] TypeError: Cannot read property ‘statusCode’ of undefined
    at Request.request [as _callback] (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-Spotify/Spotify.js:199:34)
    at self.callback (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at Request.onRequestError (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/request/request.js:881:8)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:382:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
    [15:46:23.470] [LOG] MagicMirror will not quit, but it might be a good idea to check why this happened. Maybe no internet connection?
    [15:46:23.472] [LOG] If you think this really is an issue, please open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/issues
    [16:09:49.712] [LOG] Shutting down server…

I tried to uninstall and install the module, but no luck, the problem keeps exist. Not sure if there is any solution on it.

• Module Developer

@woodstock37
    Try to set updateInterval: to 2000 or 3000. I’ll inspect later.

• @Sean Thanks for your suggestion. It definitely helps. Thanks.

• Re: [MMM - Spotify]
    Hi @Sean
    Just a suggestion, If you could include the heart/like button on the controls (to add the current song to your liked playlist)

Thanks!

p.s installed and works perfectly with 2 accounts!

• Hi @Sean, I just have a question I read the whole forum but I did not find the answer.
    I installed Raspotify on my Raspberry pi, but when I launch my mirror, I cannot launch music by saying “music play”, only from my phone, once I have started the music from my phone and I connect it on raspotify I can change the music as well as all the other commands.
    And spotify does not launch with onStart.

{
      module: "MMM-Spotify",
      position: "bottom_left",
      config: {
        style: "mini", // "default" or "mini" available
        control: "hidden", //"default", "hidden" available
        updateInterval: 1000,
        onStart: {
          deviceName: "RASPOTIFY", //if null, current(last) activated device will be.
          spotifyUri: "spotify:track:0hNduWmlWmEmuwEFcYvRu1"
          //when search is set, sportifyUri will be ignored.
          }
        }
    },

thank you for your answers.