MagicMirror² v2.8.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Customize my own Question and Answer with Long phrase for mk2 assistant

• Hi Guys need badly help, my previous concern wasnt solve yet …
    Is there a way that I can set or customize what I ask for google assistant im using (assitantmk2) - then it must be answering with a long or a paragraph phrase …

Example
    I will set a question about giving instruction …

Voice command ask: Where can I find my underwear

then Google assistant answer by instruction or long phrase :

Sample answer1: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

or by bullet:

1. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt
    2. ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor
    3. in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

SO what is the module I should set up can you give specific instruction how can I work with that… I hope you can help me thanks

Hi, please stop posting your same question over and over again in several categories. This does not speed up resolving your issue!

• Module Developer

@veejae
    Frankly said, that might be not suitable job of Assistant.
    You can make your own gAction (something similar with Alexa Skill), but your scenario seems somewhat meaningless and useless for making action about it on Google Assistant.
    I think, it could be done some STT and TTS solution without AI assistant features.

• @veejae You can use IFTTT on the same google account and set up google assistant with a dummy trigger

• @yawns yes sorry for that

• @Sean Thankyou . do you have an idea how tts works? or the Gaction? I mean i tried installing it but i hardly understand how to modify it and how it works … how can i combine it with mk2 with the notification

• @AdnanAhmed97 thanks , i tried that but it seem very limited… very short phrase and I can use only 1 dummy trigger applet… do you have other suggestion for long phrase?

• Module Developer

@veejae
    What’s your real scenario? Just question and long response speech is not enough to guess what you really want.
    Let’s assume;

• The order : Where can I find my underwear
      Is this your real order to get response from Assistant? Why do you need to ask this thing?
      • Just for fun stuff : Maybe you want to make a fun time with your friends front of MM with this joke. Your friends will be happy when your mirror says “Find it under the bed”. Not bad purpose. The only issue is that, making gaction is too difficult and unreal just for that purpose. Worthy of it? I’m not sure. However if you want, this could be help. https://github.com/eouia/MMM-AssistantMk2/wiki
      • You REALLY want to know where is your last underwear : Nonsense. MM doesn’t know where your underwear is.

So, that’s why I doubt that wouldn’t be your real ORDER to achieve.

• For long response : Unfortunately, response could not be too long without server-side dynamic fulfilment of gAction. Somehow short response with static fulfilment of gaction could be possible with only this module, but for server fulfilment, you should have at least your server with SSL and dynamic IP/domain or cloud service like Google App Engine. Both are expensive and you need to have some skills also.

The alternative way is, (If your intention is just for fun), use TTS(Text-to-speech) solution. You can find MMM-TTS or MMM-GoogleTTS. You can make it to say something by notification as result of your order. (In this case, you can use transcriptionHook as your order trigger. See above wiki also)

• @veejae You can use the aiy projects local command script assistant_library_with_local_commands_demo.py
    But make sure you add it correctly to the assistant-mk2 folder

• Hi @Sean,
    That question about underwear is just example. 😊 I want to use the Q.A for my office while people are waiting in the waiting area… like if someone want to ask for the company history, or other inquiry about the products or giving list and certain instructions…something like that. Hope u get it