Maker's Asylum, Mumbai's MagicMirror
Anool last edited by
It took us a while, but we finally finished our MagicMirror build a couple of weeks ago here at the Maker’s Asylum in Mumbai.
- The wooden frame was built around an old LG monitor stripped down to bare essentials.
- We got hold of a Raspberry-Pi and installed the OS and MM.
- Someone “borrowed” the Ras-Pi and forgot to return it back (I want to stay positive about this incident - maybe they just forgot about having borrowed it).
- I volunteered to supply a new Ras-Pi3 and setup the software all over again.
- Customizing the various modules was easy, thanks to the great documentation.
- There was a problem with npm (issue no 368), but that got fixed quickly.
Other than that - Great Project. We hope to show it off during the “AUTODESK UNIVERSITY” event here next week.
Nikhil last edited by
I am Nikhil from Pune. I am planning to make the magic mirror. I have got everything from amazon except the acrylic mirror. Can you please tell me where did you buy the mirror? what do they call to the see through acrylic mirror in India? at what price did you get the mirror?