This post is deleted!
I have tested your post an I will say Thnks!!! It has install correctly… Now i will test the module.
But I have a little question, too. On Github I see some translation files for Englich and German. But how can I use your module in German? Have I antything to chance in module code?
@gismo2006 it’s not supported to recognize other language commands than english, just the messages are translated
Ok, no problem…
I have tested this module now for a several time. And I do not know what is wrong but I decieded to didn’t use it at the moment.
The install progress was fine, the config file was fine and the mirrror started. everything is displayed fine. But the behaviuor is the problem. Sometimes it didn’t regonize anything. Sometimes it will do at first nothing and then some minuts later suddenly the module, for example “hide modules”. Oh and in the error log was only 11111 written
@gismo2006 here are some tips to improve the experience:
- it’s necessary to have a proper power supply, in order to decrease the response time, otherwise the cpu will be underclocked and this is contra productive for an cpu intensive task (for rpi 3 it’s recommended to use at least 2.5A for normal usage, I’m using 3A)
- look into the MMM-voice.dic file how you need to spell the words correctly, the language model is based for native speakers and dialects can lead to false positives.
- a cheap microphone can lead to false positive as well, by sending an unclean audio stream.
- speaking louder gave me better results.
- pocketsphinx also tries to match background noise to words, so short words like on, off, one, etc. are getting recognized without saying anything
- so those false positives get spread within your commands and will lead to unwanted actions e.g. you say
MAGIC MIRROR VOICEto enter the voice mode it propably recognizes
MAGIC ON MIRROR VOICEand then the mirror wont start because the keyword must be recognized together without any other word between or it recognizes
MAGIC MIRROR OF VOICEand then it will not switch to mode voice because the mode has to be right after the keyword or sentence
- the error log gets created from pocketsphinx, so those numbers are not from my side
- in order to test what the mirror detects, you can use the config option
debug: truebut don’t use this in production it will generate a huge logfile over time
@strawberry-3-141 Thank you for your tipps. I didn’t mean anything angy. I know it is a hard work to code something like that. And I really happy and thankfull that there a coder like you which share it whit the community. And helping if there are any questions.
I will test aggain at he few next day, and im sure there are somme new questions.
I’ve the next problem: On the Mirror shows the message ‘Error’ , ‘No Moduls identified’.
in the Error Log: Error: spawn pocketsphinx_continuous ENOENT-2
help me pls
his problem was that somehow his
~/.bashrcfile got overwritten and then he missed the path to pocketsphinx files
Hmm… getting errors when trying to install the dependencies … can you advise is this known?
@wjdw87 Looks like you’er using a Mac. Not sure about Mac has a Package Manager as apt-get, the installer was Designed for raspbian
ah… yes using mac… (will move over to windows based later, but just getting all the customisation out of the way on here and learning how it all works before doing additional functions etc)… anyway… i take it there is no ‘easy/guided way to install on here?’