MagicMirror² v2.8.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Some MagicMirror Modules are really confusing

• Hello everyone,
    My goal is to build something like a Dakboard. I’m not sure if I’m going the mirror route yet or not.

The calendar part is where I’m showbox.bio/ having the most problems. The only module tutuapp.uno/ I’ve found to do what I want is the MMM-CalendarExt. However, it is VERY complicated for someone that doesn’t know programming. I vidmate.vet/ want the calendar it self to be very simple (no crazy colors or shapes or anything)…just a plain calendar similar to this:
    Except maybe not that bulky of a date. I’m looking for large, clean, events listed, and color coded to match my Google Calendar colors (similar to how Google Calendar looks). Can someone help me out with this module or if they have found something else that works?

I want to use MagicMirror over Dakboard for the customization (I won’t pay for premium) and Alexa controlling the modules…

• Yeah, I have seen the same thing. I just switched from DakBoard to MM, and have been trying to figure out how to get a big calendar up there. I have three different calendars that I keep track of, and it would be great to have them all up there.
    9Apps Cartoon HD Vidmate APK

• @lovelash sorry, don’t understand ‘big calendar’…

• @lovelash said in Some MagicMirror Modules are really confusing:

Yeah, I have seen the same thing. I just switched from DakBoard to MM, and have been trying to figure out how to get a big calendar up there. I have three different calendars that I keep track of, and it would be great to have them all up there.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/9mqhac/some_magicmirror_modules_reviews_by_essaydune

Hi,

I have never tried DakBoard, but decided to start with MM. Do you see any drastic difference? I managed to build something similar with a Pi. I’ve been using a google calendar in an iframe. I also added the push buttons to my Pi to monitor.

• Project Sponsor

@sdetweil @lovelash @Pyaar Well I guess he’s talking about something like this:
    0_1567077820543_27198487-6bcf-40da-bb73-81be0a394ad8-image.png

I think a first apporach could be the “calendar_monthly” module which shows a calendar as a table like the one shown above. I had this forked at some point and tweaked a minor bit to show a calendar including symbols.

From there on it would be not too dificult to create something like this, i guess.

But @Sean 's MMM-CalendarExt module, although I don’t know lots about it, is very very customizable so might be the best start.

• I’ve recently built the following using MMM-CalendarExt2 and a couple of other modules. This is as close to Dakboard that I have been able to come up with so far. If you want more details let me know but mostly it is tweaked MMM-CalendarExt2 color settings for the ‘month’ view.

alt text