MagicMirror² v2.13.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Wrong time

• Hi Guys,

Just new to all of this including the raspberry pi so please bare with me.

I have a raspberry pi 4+ B, i have installed magic mirror using the magicmirror os on an sd card. I have got it to load and to show using vnc for now as i am awaiting my monitor and 2way glass coming. i have noticed that the time is wrong. It is currently showing 1 hour ahead. I have changed the localisation settings etc in raspi config but i cant get it to change. I am assuming it may have something to do with daylight savings however not sure.

Am i missing something completely obvious?

![0_1596312086001_2020-08-01 20.54.39.jpg](Uploading 100%)

Cheers
    Michael

• @mmcghee after u define the location you have to set it active, right?

show the clock settings then ?right? click the location and select ?make active? ( not near my machine)

your image didn’t show

• Hi Sam,

Please see below from rasp config.

Current default time zone: ‘Europe/London’
    Local time is now: Sat Aug 1 21:20:01 BST 2020.
    Universal Time is now: Sat Aug 1 20:20:01 UTC 2020.

However time on Magic Mirror is showing 22:20

Thanks
    Michael

• @mmcghee when u open the time, does it display the right timezone under the location? (the little house means that is the current time location set)
    Screenshot at 2020-08-01 15-28-16.png

if you edit the location, does it display the right values for timezone

Screenshot at 2020-08-01 15-25-01.png

• Hi Sam,

not sure, since i am using the magicmirror OS i dont have a desktop interface to check it with. However whenever i change the timezones in config to any region it does not update the Mirror at all.

Michael

• @mmcghee oh, magicmirrorOS… so that means the docker container date/time.

see

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-set-the-timezone-for-docker-container-976780914.html

• thanks sam,

Think i might move away from magicmirror os seems a bit to complicated compared to running it on raspbian for a newbie like me.

Cheers
    Michael