Suddenly ipWhitelist no longer working...
Steff last edited by Steff
Suddenly it is no longer working…
With the availability of V2.1.0 I did extend my config.js file. After that everything was working until today .
I played a little bit around with further extending the ip range in the config file, but I tend to get permanently following error code:
Access denied to IP address: 2a02
From my perspective I did not change anything, however I am slightly surprised that I cannot read a direct ip address like 192.168.178.xx for access denied.
My ipWhitelist in config.js:
"ipWhitelist": [ "127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::1", "::ffff:192.168.178.1/112" ],
The ip address from which I try to access the remote config tool is 192.168.178.25, I am little bit lost, what might the real root cause, so any hint would be highly appreciated…
Steff last edited by
Just reverted to a very basic config.js file, which was working definitely beforehand and still get the same error code. Funny thing for me: Regardless from which device I am trying to access the magicmirror, I do get the same error address, so somehow the raspi is not able to resolve to the real ip address, at least this is my impression.
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN -
tcp6 0 0 :::8080 :::* LISTEN 2566/electron.js
tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN - `
I saw that initially I did not extend correctly my address range, so changed this to:
ipWhitelist: ["127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::ffff:192.168.1.1/112", "::1"],
I am still lost and I love the remotecontrol module …
Steff last edited by
Digging one step further:
My magicmirror has the ip address 192.168.178.164.
I am using a cable fritz box, i configured it that this ip address has the hostname “magicmirror”.
I remember that I had to a reboot of the fritzbox 2 days ago, will investigate whether I potentially lost some settings in the fritzbox.
If I try to access directly
http://192.168.178.64:8080/remote.html, I do not get any problem, only if I try to access it with
I do not -yet- understand why…
BTW: if i ping the magicmirror from the same pc, the address resolving is working:
PING magicmirror.fritz.box (192.168.178.64): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 192.168.178.64: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=7.766 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.178.64: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=9.753 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.178.64: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=12.715 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.178.64: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=10.908 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.178.64: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=20.834 ms
Using the full pseudo domain name `http://magicmirror.fritz.box:8080/remote.html#power-menu’ does not help…