MM@Android: Missing Modules - Kiosk Mode Browser Suggestions?
I decided to start a new Magic Mirror project on an Android Tablet (Samsung Tab S5e), as I am very fascinated to play around with OLEDs to have the perfect, pitch black behind the mirror.
However, there are some challenges to overcome - so, I split up the project in two parts, as previous attempts of the community were not too successful to run MM directly on Android:
- Stage 1: Run MM Docker (thx@bastilimbach) on a seperated Server and access the interface via HTTP Browser in kiosk mode.
- Stage 2: Move the MM Docker to the tablet itself to be independent of the server and access MM Docker internally.
At the moment, I am in stage 1:
- The MM Docker is running
- The MM Docker is accessible via HTTP
- Common Browsers on PC/Mac/Android: The MM interface is working as expected in browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. All modules are working properly.
- Kiosk Bowser on Android: I chose the app “Fully Browser” to access the Docker image. Whereas the clock (top left), news feed (bottom) is shown correctly, other dynamic information is missing (such as the calendar module, the weather module and the MMM-DBF module (the latter was installed for a test)).
Does anyone have an idea, why MM@Fully Browser is missing modules that are working perfectly fine in other browsers on the same device? Does anyone have a good and working suggestion for an alternative kiosk mode browser on android that is working fine with MM (FOSS preferred but does not matter too much)?
Thanks for you hints & advices!
Thank you for your response - as I am neither specialized in JS, nor in browsers, I contacted the dev team if they have an idea on how to overcome the issue.
I will report back for the community in case I am successful with running MM on Android.