Electron failure Rpi3 Jessie w/Pixel v. 4.4

• Hello,

I unboxed my Rpi3 today and installed the full version of Jessie (latest version from rpi.org - kernel 4.4).

I walked through the main tutorial by KirAsh4 and had no issues until running npm start.

I’m getting a "failed at the magicmirror@2.1.0 start script ‘electron js/electron.js’.

I’ve noticed a few others on the forum having the same issues from a year or so ago… but they seemed to have resolved them through a number of tricks (none of which have worked for me - renaming folders and reinstalling, using sudo curl, sudo install electron, etc.).

What is interesting; however, is that MM works in node serveronly. BUT, only the calendar, ‘hello sexy’, and news feature display. Not the weather.

Any help on this one? I’m a complete newcomer to this so pardon if this is an easy one…

• @artank Being one of those who failed repeatedly - just make sure you are on the PI, not ssh’ed in…

• @artank look at the file config/config.js (which used to be the config.js.sample). Your weather might not be working because you did not enter your API key in it…

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.