MMM-UkNationalRail - stops updating on mirror

• @nwootton thought I’d check to see if you have any ideas what could be causing an issue I’ve been having with the UK train times… When its been running for a while I often notice that it seems to have stopped updating itself so will be frozen showing train time in the past. This happens every couple of days, no specific time it can happen mid day or at night (when there are no trains scheduled so nothing to see ‘No departure info found’). It has kind of always done this, although it used to go the best part of a week before requiring a restart.

When it occurs I can confirm that all the other modules on my mirror are still happily updating. Also if I fire up the mirror webpage on my laptop it has the correct up to date info.

No errors logged in PM2 error & as far as teh pm2 out log looks everything still working ok.

I restart mm & it fires up as normal. Any thoughts? Any further steps I should take to troubleshoot?

I’m fairly certain its gotten worse since updating to MM 2.1.3, seems like I’m rebooting every other day now.

• Module Developer

@randomnoise Apologies, I’ve only just seen this message. I’ll try to look tomorrow and see if I can replicate the issue, but I suspect it is due to the data coming in from the Transport API. I’ve already got bugs from months ago still not addressed by them to do with bus times failing to be properly updated.

• No worries, let me know if I can do anything to give you any further info to assist with troubleshooting. Cheers.

• Module Developer

@randomnoise Can you send me your config for the module? Don’t need the API keys, but the rest of it would allow me to see if it’s something specific to the data provider.

Thanks

• @nwootton Mainly going with defaults, but here is what I’m using.

{
    		module: 'MMM-UKNationalRail',
    		position: 'top_left',
    		config: {
    			stationCode: 		'[My 3 letter station code]', 		// CRS code for station
    			app_id: 			'[My ID]', 	// TransportAPI App ID
    			app_key: 			'[My api key]', // TransportAPI App Key
    			maxResults: 		4,  //Optional - Maximum results to display.
    			showOrigin: 		false   //Optional - Show the origin of the train in the table
    			}
    		},

• Module Developer

@randomnoise Can you tell me the station code? I can’t try to replicate or even figure out if it’s the provider without it.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.