MagicMirror² v2.7.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

ELIFECYCLE error after fresh install

• @sdetweil Well I deactivated VNC, restarted and plugged my keyboard in the RasPi and this too didn’t change anything sadly.

• @MrKnight230 ok, and u did the DISPLAY=:0

• @sdetweil I actually didn’t but the result stays the same with “DISPLAY=:0”

• @MrKnight230 and after u did the git pull of the new version, you did npm install in the MM folder and all modules with a package.json file, right?

• @sdetweil I did run npm install again now and the output looks like this:

pi@raspberrypi:~/MagicMirror $ npm install

> magicmirror@2.7.1 install /home/pi/MagicMirror
    > cd vendor && npm install

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.4 (node_modules/fsevents):
    npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.4: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"arm"})

audited 219 packages in 10.29s
    found 5 vulnerabilities (4 low, 1 high)
      run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

> magicmirror@2.7.1 postinstall /home/pi/MagicMirror
    > sh installers/postinstall/postinstall.sh && npm run install-fonts

MagicMirror installation successful!

> magicmirror@2.7.1 install-fonts /home/pi/MagicMirror
    > cd fonts && npm install

audited 1 package in 1.092s
    found 0 vulnerabilities

npm WARN acorn-jsx@5.0.1 requires a peer of acorn@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
    npm WARN grunt-stylelint@0.10.1 requires a peer of stylelint@^9.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

added 7 packages from 10 contributors, updated 6 packages and audited 3468 packages in 63.499s
    found 0 vulnerabilities

But it again didn’t change anything.

• Project Sponsor

@MrKnight230 - The good news is that the npm install completed successfully. Hmm.

Have you tried running Magic Mirror in server only mode and then hitting your mirror with a web browser?

IMHO, I think the “fix vulnerabilities” feature of npm is causing more trouble than it is worth.