MagicMirror² v2.12.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

MMM-Awesome-Alexa Trouble

• Hey! I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to fix this. When I startup the mirror I get this error and the screen is just pitch black with no modules. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

WARNING! Could not load config file. Starting with default configuration. Error found: Error: Cannot find module
    ‘/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-awesome-alexa/node_modules/snowboy/lib/node/binding/Release/electron-v6.1-linux-arm/snowboy.node’
    Require stack:

• /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-awesome-alexa/node_modules/snowboy/lib/node/index.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-awesome-alexa/node_helper.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/js/app.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/js/electron.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js

• @xfqbe maybe

do

cd ~/MagicMirror
    npm install electron-rebuild
    cd modules/MMM-Awesome-Alexa
    ~/MagicMirror/node_modules/.bin/electron-rebuild

let us know

• @sdetweil Thanks for replying, I did exactly what you said correctly and it’s still showing the same errors 😕 Is there anything else I should try? or maybe a different Alexa module?

WARNING! Could not load config file. Starting with default configuration. Error found: Error: Cannot find module ‘/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-awesome-alexa/node_modules/snowboy/lib/node/binding/Release/electron-v6.1-linux-arm/snowboy.node’
    Require stack:

• /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-awesome-alexa/node_modules/snowboy/lib/node/index.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-awesome-alexa/node_helper.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/js/app.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/js/electron.js
    • /home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js

• @xfqbe not really.

what did the electron-rebuild say?

• @xfqbe did u do all the instruction steps? some 15 of them

• @sdetweil The electron-rebuild was normal without any error codes and yes I followed these steps. https://www.howtogeek.com/423233/how-to-add-alexa-to-your-smart-mirror/

• @xfqbe no. the instructions in the module.

i compiled fine

see the readme