MagicMirror Forum
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Unsolved
    • Solved
    • MagicMirror² Repository
    • Documentation
    • 3rd-Party-Modules
    • Donate
    • Discord
    • Register
    • Login
    A New Chapter for MagicMirror: The Community Takes the Lead
    Read the statement by Michael Teeuw here.

    How can I update my chart?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Troubleshooting
    21 Posts 3 Posters 9.5k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      sdetweil @doridol
      last edited by

      @doridol try

      change

      socketNotificationReceived: function (notification, payload) {
      

      to this

      socketNotificationReceived:  (notification, payload) => {
      

      the arrow function should retain the context of ‘this’.

      Sam

      How to add modules

      learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

      D 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        doridol @sdetweil
        last edited by

        @sdetweil I changed my socketNotificationReceived like this

        socketNotificationReceived: (notification, payload) => {
                    if (notification === "TEXT_RESULT") {
                        this.textDataRecived = payload;
                        this.loaded = true;
                    }
                    
                    console.log(this.myChart)
                    // this.myChart.data.datasets.data = this.textDataRecived
                    // this.updateDom(60000);
                },
        

        I add console.log(this.myChart) to check it point this.myChart in getDom but it print undefined… what did I do wrong??
        Really thanks for your so many helps

        S 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          sdetweil @doridol
          last edited by sdetweil

          @doridol the 1st time thru the chart doesn’t exist yet, right?

                          // gets the data for chart
                          this.textDataRecived = payload;
                          this.loaded = true;
                      }
                      // chart may NOT be drawn yet 
                     // getDom has not been called yet since data arrived
                     if(this.myChart !==  undefined )
                         console.log(this.myChart)
          

          Sam

          How to add modules

          learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

          D 2 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            doridol @sdetweil
            last edited by

            @sdetweil aaaaah!! I understood! I’ll try it

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              doridol @sdetweil
              last edited by

              @sdetweil I tried it but nothing is printed in develop console window :anxious_face_with_sweat:

              S 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                sdetweil @doridol
                last edited by sdetweil

                @doridol did u get an update for the chart? (another socketnotification?)

                also, where do u define myChart?

                should be after defaults

                myChart: null,
                

                Sam

                How to add modules

                learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                D 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  doridol @sdetweil
                  last edited by

                  @sdetweil I define myChart in getDom like this

                  getDom: function () {
                              const wrapper = document.createElement("div");
                              
                              this.ctx = document.createElement("canvas");
                              this.ctx.style.width = "700px";
                              this.ctx.style.height = '700px';
                              
                              wrapper.appendChild(this.ctx)
                              
                              labels = [2,4,6,8]
                              
                              this.myChart = new Chart(this.ctx, {
                  
                                  type: 'line',
                                  data: {
                                      labels: labels,
                                      
                                      datasets: [{
                                          
                                          data: [1,2,3,4],
                  
                                          backgroundColor: 'rgba(255,255,255,0.3)',
                                          borderColor: 'white',
                                          
                                          borderWidth: 2,
                                          
                                          fill: true,
                                          
                                      }]
                                  },
                  
                                  options: {
                  
                                      title: {
                                              display: true,
                                              text: 'Air-Quality',
                                      },
                  
                                      scales: {
                  
                                          xAxes: [{
                  
                                              gridLines: {
                                                  color: 'rgba(255,255,255,0.2)',
                                              },
                                          }],
                                      },
                                  }
                              });
                              return wrapper;
                          }
                      });
                  

                  and I’ll only update myChart in socketNotificationReceived

                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • S
                    sdetweil @doridol
                    last edited by

                    @doridol that is USE, not really define

                    I don’t like side effects… create on 1st use… ugh.

                    also, you will UPDATE in notification, but need to CREATE in getdom, or somewhere

                    Sam

                    How to add modules

                    learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                    D 2 Replies Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      doridol @sdetweil
                      last edited by

                      @sdetweil oh… it is very difficult to update chart… really thanks for your help I seem I have to study more…

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        doridol @sdetweil
                        last edited by

                        @sdetweil I have really really last question I changed my socketNotificationReceived like this

                        socketNotificationReceived: function(notification, payload) {
                                    if (notification === "TEXT_RESULT") {
                                        this.textDataRecived = payload;
                                        this.loaded = true;
                                    }
                        
                                    
                                    if(count < 2)
                                    {
                                        this.updateDom();
                                        count = count + 1;
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        this.myChart.data.datasets.data = this.textDataRecived
                                        console.log(this.myChart.data.datasets.data)
                                        this.myChart.update();
                                    }
                                },
                        

                        and console.log(this.myChart.data.datasets.data) successfully print this.textDataRecived but my chart is not updated in the screen why???

                        S 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • S
                          sdetweil @doridol
                          last edited by

                          @doridol i do not know anything about the chart.update() method… I don’t use it.

                          Sam

                          How to add modules

                          learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                          D 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            doridol @sdetweil
                            last edited by

                            @sdetweil okay thanks for you a lot of help:beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

                            S 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              sdetweil @doridol
                              last edited by

                              @doridol i use destroy() and then build another

                              Sam

                              How to add modules

                              learning how to use browser developers window for css changes

                              D 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • D
                                doridol @sdetweil
                                last edited by doridol

                                @sdetweil I finally update my chart with this.myChart.update()!!! it is all for your help now I can get sleep…

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 1 / 2
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Enjoying MagicMirror? Please consider a donation!
                                MagicMirror created by Michael Teeuw.
                                Forum managed by Sam, technical setup by Karsten.
                                This forum is using NodeBB as its core | Contributors
                                Contact | Privacy Policy