MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Looking for advice on how to start my project

• For the last 6 months I have been thinking of a reason to build a MM and I finally found it. Like so many other successful ventures I wanted to combine two of my passions. In this case those passions are tech and exercise.

I would like to build a mirror that tracked my exercises via voice input. Ideally I would like to be able to say “start workout x” and have the list of exerces/metrics come up on the screen. I would then tick them off one by one with voice commands. This would obviously be profile-driven, ideally using a database.

In the last few weeks I have gained a fair amount of knowledge in Amazon developer tools and I would like to stay on that trajectory. I am looking for a place to jump in - any advice that you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated. I am first an foremost trying to find the framework that suits my needs. Is MM2 that framework? Something else? I look forward to being an active member of the community in the future.

MUST HAVE

• Voice-activated commands (presumeably via stand-alone alexa device)

• The ability to refresh / build the screen via voice commands. I’ve seen this done in a few places so I know it is possible

• Database capabilities. Once again, I want this to be profile driven without having to update code

NICE TO HAVE

• The ability to have Alexa turn my tv on/off. I haven’t purchased a monitor yet, nor have I spent much time researching this one.