MagicMirror on Pi Zero W

• @Iseknutz I use ssh and nano. I also am a Mac user.

I’m glad it’s working

CaptnJB

• @Iseknutz
    What do you mean by “after the Update to the actual OS”? I used the image linked above. I can’t do an update/upgrade as I have no internet connection. I’m using the console on the Pi and editing my conf in Mint Linux. I’m using Jessie Lite rather than the full install.

@CaptnJB
    Thanks for the rewrite on the wpa_supplicant, but it still won’t connect to any provided wifi network.

Thanks to all.

• @kylelmartin I have connected an USB Wlan Dongle (Edimax, working without extra software) and do the update. Im using Jessie Lite and later I installed the desktop.
    Sorry for my bad english ;)

• @Iseknutz

Greetings from Toulouse. To do the update and upgrade, from the terminal type:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

After the installation of the new updated packages, sudo shutdown. Wait. Remove the power and your edimax adapter and connect power. Now does it work?

JB

• @CaptnJB @Iseknutz

Silly me! I should have known that to get a wifi adapter to work I needed a wifi adapter!
    Fortunately I had a usb splitter with power supply and an edimax wifi lying around.

After the update and upgrade its working well.
    Your help was greatly appreciated.
    Thanks from Texas!
    KLM

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.