Problems with MMM-awesome-alexa install

• Re: MMM-awesome-alexa

Hi:
    Thanks for putting this module together. But I need some help. I walked through your procedure as best I could trying to set up my own Alexa voice service and failed. I have created an Amazon device, but I cannot connect to it. The first wall I believe I ran into was that my Raspberry Pi would not accept the connection from Amazon (but there may have been another issue) because it hadn’t been authorized. Then I saw that there were a couple of ways to attempt to do this and they diverge in what you need to enter into the Amazon device. I tried both and neither seemed to work.
    So now I’m very confused as to where I am, what I should do to move forward, etc. I’m thinking that I should delete the Amazon device and start over. But if I do that, which procedure should I follow? Is there a final defined procedure that is the best to use? If so, which one? If I can’t delete the Amazon device precisely how should it be configured to talk the the Magic Mirror on my RPi 3?

Thanks!

jproehl

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.