MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Help QuickBooks module for MM

• Hi everyone,

I don’t know to much about programing and I need to display some information of QuickBooks in the MagicMirror.

www.quickbooks.com

I see a lot of api developed to connect and search the information on GitHub, but don’t know what is the better way to do.

Just need to display: Invoices, Bank Balance, Expenses and Sales.

Someone can help me?

Regards,
    DP

• Module Developer

I don’t think this is a good idea. A MagicMirror is by definition an IoT device, and IoT devices are notoriously known for their insecure practices. In fact, the default NOOBS install for the RPi from a security standpoint is a big no-no.

Unless you have hardened your Pi to have sufficient security practices AND made sure that your network is secure, I would highly recommend against having an IoT device have access to your personal/business financial data.

Plus, there are a few QB platforms e.g. online and desktop. Setting up access to a desktop QB file would likely require a computer to act as a QB server 24/7. And Quickbooks isn’t free, and module developers won’t be buying a subscription just to develop on it.