MagicMirror² v2.12.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

MMM-Facial-Recognition-Tools - No windowing system

• Hi there.

A few days ago I startet my MagicMirror Project. So far its been gooing great, but now I want to insert facial recognition to trigger modules, I dont seem to get it work.

I’ve done the training and it seemed to have worked, but when I try testing my results by python facerecognition.py , I’ll get the following error and I have no idea, how to fix it.

Using FACE_ALGORITM: 1
    Loading training data...
    Training data loaded!
    No windowing system, writing face.jpg image
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "facerecognition.py", line 153, in 
        clean_shutdown()
    TypeError: clean_shutdown() takes exactly 2 arguments (0 given)

I am very new to linux, so please bear with me. I will try and provide any needed information.

Setup:
    raspberry pi 3 b+
    RPI JT CAM P50
    Raspbian Stretch with desktop

I thank all of you in advance.

Kind regards.
    Toexelchen

• Is there noone with an idea or a pointer in the right direction?

• @toexelchen
    I think No windowing system, writing face.jpg image means that you runing the tool in a terminal which have no window. Means he can’t open a window to show you the output of the camera, in this case he will only capture a photo and save it to face.jpg.

File "facerecognition.py", line 153, in 
        clean_shutdown()
    TypeError: clean_shutdown() takes exactly 2 arguments (0 given)

This error looks like a problem in the module itself.

def clean_shutdown(signum, frame):

They need two arguments, this looks like a function which are used as a callback and he try to run it directly without any parameters.

Do you use Phyton 3? Maybe you use the old one and that can’t handle that.

I use https://github.com/normyx/MMM-Facial-Recognition-OCV3 which include this module and another. Maybe you should try this, it has a good how to. It works well on my Mirror.

I hope i helped you.

Kind Regards,
    Thierry

• Hey Thierry

I am so sorry for not replying any sooner. For some reason (I blame human error on my part), I did not realize, someone has answered my question. Ill give OCV3 a try and will let you know if it works as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for taking the time, replying to my post.

Cheers,
    Carsten