MagicMirror² v2.13.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Which Editor do you get for windows

• Hello all,

can you sy me what bzw. which editor do you get to edit the config?

Thanks

• Module Developer

@kusselin
    on RPI terminal, nano or vi.
    But usually, I prefer to connect remotely via SSH. So atom on my dev machine.

• Ok thanks, i have Windows and notepad++ bunt its not good working. Do you mean i have to work with Atom on windows?

• Module Developer

@kusselin
    There is no "have to" thing.
    Well, there would be many good IDEs besides atom. For example; Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
    But some ppl hate to use heavy IDE, so they could prefer more simpler like notepad++. Even someone might prefer to use just notepad or wordpad.

Just for me, I like atom.

• Module Developer

I use Geany. https://www.geany.org/

• @Sean said in Which Editor do you get for windows:

@kusselin
    There is no "have to" thing.
    Well, there would be many good IDEs besides atom. For example; Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
    But some ppl hate to use heavy IDE, so they could prefer more simpler like notepad++. Even someone might prefer to use just notepad or wordpad.

Just for me, I like atom.

I use notepad++ on windows, and the free bitvise ssh client. https://bitvise.com/ssh-client
    the bitvise client opens both an SSH terminal window and a windows like file navigation window
    notepad++ can save files with windows or linux line ends (and decide automatically if u want)
    I have 5 system connections open at once, with multiple commandlines on one (run stuff, debug from another window, monitor cpu use in another)

to my pi 4 system
    0_1576695331982_25a434a6-bf3d-485e-af97-92791657b49c-image.png

• Ok, because now i have Problem with copy and Paste with notepad ++. Which Settings do you have in notepad under options? Can you Post it please?

When i User Herr in the Forum Post me a Script like this Here:

{
    module: ‘MMM-Tankerkoenig’,
    header: ‘Super (E10)’,
    position: ‘top_right’,
    config: {
    updateInterval: 600,
    maxWidth: “300px”,// die angegeben 200px verursachen unschöne Zeilenumbrüche
    api_key: “Xxxxx”,
    lat: 49.398750, // das sind die Koordinaten von Heidelberg/Mitte, siehe https://www.latlong.net
    lng: 8.672434,
    type: “e10”, // alternativ “e5” oder “diesel”
    radius: 1, // Suche in 1km Umkreis (in 5km Umkreis passt die Liste nicht mehr auf den Bildschirm)
    }
    },

And i Paste this code in my config, and restart the mirror a Text is Commonwealth on screen with config file and no mirror.

Best regards

• Is this right with the ˋ´ behause in someone configs you Can See ““ between tankerkönig

• Module Developer

@kusselin
    I think the error might be caused by and . Those are not allowed as quotation marks of javascript language.

module: ‘MMM-Tankerkoenig’,

should be

module: 'MMM-Tankerkoenig',

Others are same.
    You can find&replace in your notepad++

• @kusselin sorry, I do not understand…

cut/paste is builtin and not special.

as per Sean’s post, those appear to be quotes from MS word type documents,.
    MagicMirror needs text quotes, " and ’