MagicMirror² v2.13.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

calendar stuck at loading



  • I recently updated my MagicMirror. Since then my calendar isn’t working anymore.
    I don’t see any errors when I try pm2 logs mm.
    When I try node debug.js it stops after showing some appointments and a line.

    Create fetcher ...
    Create fetcher done!
    [ { title: '******',
        startDate: '1586880000000',
        endDate: '1586883600000',
        fullDayEvent: false,
        class: undefined,
        firstYear: 2020,
        location: false,
        geo: false,
        description: false },
      { title: '******',
        startDate: '1598590800000',
        endDate: '1598594400000',
        fullDayEvent: false,
        class: undefined,
        firstYear: 2020,
        location: false,
        geo: false,
        description: false } ]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    

    I also tried a complete a reinstall, same effect.

    I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3 A+.



  • Hi . In the comand promp try to go in modules and there run again npm install . See if is workin. I dont have a clue but worth a try 🙂 . Cheers



  • @VinGroot those are the only two events it finds in the calendar, i think they are in the past.



  • @sdetweil These are not the only two appointments in the calendar. I only showed two appointments, so you get an idea what it looks like. And even if they were the only two and in the past, then I would get something like: “no future appointments” on my main screen.

    I forgot to mention that “node debug.js” gets stuck as well. I don’t get a prompt after the line.



  • @Omeliel I gave it a try. Didn’t work.



  • I cleared my entire calendar to be certain there were no appointments that would cause the problem, problem still occurs.
    I can download basic.ics without a problem.



  • I’ve done some more testing and I figured out that must be some option in my config.js that causes my problem.
    My calendar works when I load the config.js.sample and paste the url of my calendar in it.

    Guess I’ll have to do troubleshooting to do…

    (no worries about the calender link, I will change it after I’m done testing. It has some bogus appointments in it.)

    {
    module: "calendar",
    header: "Agenda",
    position: "top_left",
    config: {
    	broadcastEvents: false,
    	calendars: [{
    		url: "https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/gjv.de.groot%40gmail.com/private-5652f141b7d1dbb385f50a786a34827a/basic.ics"
    	}],
    	dateFormat: "D MMMM YYYY",
    	fade: false,
    	getRelative: 0,
    	hidePrivate: true,
    	maximumEntries: 8,
    	maximumNumberOfDays: 7,
    	maxTitleLength: 50,
    	showEnd: true,
    	showLocation: true,
    	timeFormat: "absolute",
    	urgency: 1,
    	useRelativeDates: false
    }
    


  • @VinGroot it looks forward only maximumNumberOfDays: 7, and only for urgency: 1, type one entries



  • This post is deleted!


  • I’ve copied all options and the calendar still works. Problem solved, but no clue what the problem was…

    I’d like to thank everyone eho helped me figuring this out.


Log in to reply