MMM-Facial-Recognition cannot sendSocketNotification()

• Hi,

I’m trying to get the troubleshoot the MMM-Facial-Recognition module, and I have narrowed it down to the node_helper not being able to sendSocketNotification().

I added a line to socketNotifcationRecieved() within the node_helper.js file to test this.

// Subclass socketNotificationReceived received.
      socketNotificationReceived: function(notification, payload) {
        if(notification === 'CONFIG') {
          this.config = payload
          if(!pythonStarted) {
            pythonStarted = true;
    // I ADDED THE FOLLOWING LINE:
            this.sendSocketNotification("Test", "sendSocketNotification to module");
            this.python_start();
            };
        };
      },

and then I also added a console.log to the MMM-Facial-Recognition.js to print out any received socket Notifications.

socketNotificationReceived: function(notification, payload) {

//For testing purposes
    		console.log(notification)

However, nothing prints out in the console.

I am troubleshooting this, because even though the module recognizes my face and logs me in, no alert comes up on the mirror and none of the modules update.

Note: The module itself is able to sendSocketNotification to the node_helper because the python_shell does start and the recognition python script runs with the correct configuration.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• UPDATE: This, like some other issues I was running into was actually caused by the application freezing when it could not load ‘css/custom.css’.

This is because the .gitignore does not track custom.css and I, like many others, edit my code on my desktop and then push the changes via git to my RPi.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.