Display Lake Level from USACE.MIL

• Hello everyone,

I am not a progammer, but rather a tinker-er, hack and an airline pilot (I can program a Smith-Thales and a Honeywell box). I’ve cobbled together a headless rPi 0 W with what’s here and added the DarkSky module. However, I want to be able to look at the Table Rock Lake level. I check it on my phone and it would be fantastic to have it on a mirror. I’ve looked at trying it with Python, and javascript leaves me behind (json, node.js, etc…) I should take a class but I rarely if ever have a reason to code.

This is the URL of the data output in raw form, it’s from the US Army Corp Of Engineers:
    http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/pages/reports/remote/curcond.htm
    link text

It’s a simple page no tables or formatting, just data.

Table Rock Lake 10MAY17 1400 929.74 .02 -.52 916.29 931.0 90.7 F.C. 13.5

All I would like displayed is the name and data for Table Rock Lake, ELEV, 1 HR and 24HR change and if it’s easy, a simple up arrow, down arrow or a dash for a quick level change information and have it checked every 10 minutes.

Thank you for any help,
    JB

• @CaptnJB is there json data for this?

• As far as I know, no. It is simply a space delimited text output.

Thank you for taking a look at it. I honestly haven’t had time to devote to this at all.

CaptnJB

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.