Exchange calendar not showing up



  • Hi guys. I’ve looked through all the other posts saying te calendar is not showing up, but I seem to be having a different problem. I use two different Exchange calendars from the same Exchange server. One is working, the other one isn’t. When I use npm start dev, I see the following error:

    Whoops! There was an uncaught exception...
    TypeError: curr.exdates[i].toISOString is not a function
        at Object.ical.objectHandlers.END (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/calendar/vendor/ical.js/node-ical.js:44:44)
        at Object.handleObject (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/calendar/vendor/ical.js/ical.js:267:41)
        at Object.parseICS (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/calendar/vendor/ical.js/ical.js:308:20)
        at Request._callback (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/calendar/vendor/ical.js/node-ical.js:11:24)
        at Request.self.callback (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/request/request.js:188:22)
        at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
        at Request.emit (events.js:191:7)
        at Request. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/request/request.js:1171:10)
        at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
        at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
    

    What could be going wrong here?



  • @pieterbeulens Can you check each calendar to see if they have different types of events in them? There may be an issue between all day events and normal start/end events. Or possibly events that span multiple days.

    My initial guess is that an event that spans multiple days does not have time associated with it. That may be throwing the module off.



  • I think that might just be the case! This calendar used to work though on the previous mm version. Is there something I could do to fix this?



  • @bhepler I’m afraid I don’t know much about coding, so still hoping there might be something that can be done about this problem.



  • @pieterbeulens I’m kind of swamped at the moment, so I can’t look at it for a couple weeks. My suggestion for right now is to create a test calendar and populate it with discreet events. Nothing that overlaps days, nothing that is an all-day event. See if you can’t connect and display it normally.

    Once you’ve confirmed that it works, add a multi-day event and see if it breaks. Let’s isolate the exact problem and then we have a test case we can use for fixes.



  • So sorry for the very late reply. I didn’t have time to work on my project. But today I picked it up again and also found https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/issues/839. When I updated the ical.js and node-ical.js in this thread, my calendar started showing up. So I’m happy and almost finished my MM. Version 0.1, that is…


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.