default calendar - individual icon colors?

• I’m loading 2 calendars, one with the US Holidays and another with friend’s birthdays and anniversaries. I’ve figured out how to change the color of all of the icons which adds a nice bit of color, but I was wondering if it was possible to change the color of the birthday cake icon independently of the calendar-check-o icon.

Each symbol is wrapped in CSS span tags allowing you to set your own styles to them. If you look at the actual HTML, you’ll see something similar to this:

<tr>
      <td>...</td>
      <td>Stacey Donaldson</td>
      <td>Today</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td></td>
      <td>AJ Visit</td>
      <td>Jul 3rd</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td>
      </td><td>Independence Day</td>
      <td>Jul 4th</td>
    </tr>

Of interest is the line that specifies the symbol class. Look at the actual symbol being used. Notice how each one is slightly different:

Incidentally, those correspond to the symbols I specified in my config file. You can manipulate those. In ~MagicMirror/css/custom.css add the following:

.fa.fa-calendar {
      color: #ffff00; /* Yellow */
    }
    .fa.fa-birthday-cake {
      color: #ff0000; /* Red */
    }
    .fa.fa-calendar-check-o {
      color: #ff00ff; /* Magenta */
    }

Reload.

• @KirAsh4
    Thank you for the help! It looks great!

• I had this working, and now the icons are just gray, and no matter what I set them to it doesn’t change. I am not sure what would have changed.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.