Live Location

• Hello everyone,

I had an idea recently and I wondered if it would be possible to make a module that would probably be based on google maps and that would indicate the live position of each member of the family (with the name or the address).
    Example: John is on Liberty Street.

It would be a module that would update every 5 minutes (for example) and that would use the position sharing google maps (or something like that).
    Would that be possible?

Than you !

• Module Developer

@JohnB7777 I have no idea how to track their position. Everybody has GPS device?

• Yes, everybody have a smartphone with GPS activated. I think the module must send a request to the phone to update the location, right ?

• Module Developer

@JohnB7777 personal location is very sensitive and important private personal information. I cannot believe there could be easy and automatic way to get that data from HW or telecom or phone OS.
    Anyway, there is some possibility that an app could tell its location to server. But I believe that kind of app would be rejected from Appstore, absolutely in IOS(i dont know about android)
    The only way as I know, user should send his location with app manually(by some kind of actions - app opening or refreshing, button pressing, some data posting,… anything else) but not automatically in background. In IOS, only Apple itself has that permission. But I might be wrong. Anyway, that is not easy.

• BigBrother is watching you. No thanks!

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.