Configuring autostart with pm2

• I have installed the pm2 stuff and after running ‘pm2 start mm.sh’ the Pi reboots and the Magic Mirror opens.

Now, how do I ‘pm2 save’ to save the current state? Apologies - I’m new to all this. Is there a way to exit the MagicMirror and get back to Terminal to do so? Since I can’t, when I turn off the power and reboot, the Pi just goes back to Raspian.

I really want to get rid of this keyboard and mouse!

• the rPi should not reboot when you first start the process - are you sure it’s actually rebooting, as opposed to you just seeing a gray screen flash, then black, before MM starts displaying the elements on screen? If the rPi reboots, you should see the full log of it starting up, with 4 raspberry icons at the top.
    • Issuing the pm2 save command is best done through a remote connection. One way is to setup VNC on the rPi, and use something such as RealVNC (http://www.realvnc.com/) on Windows to remotely access the rPi. Another method is to use an SSH client like PuTTY (http://www.putty.org/) to log into the rPi. Once logged in, you can issue pm2 commands such as:

pm2 save - save the current process list so they automatically relaunch
    pm2 stop mm - stop the Magic Mirror process and exit back to desktop
    pm2 show mm - show the current status of the Magic Mirror process

PS: the default login on an rPi is:
    username: pi
    password: raspberry

I strongly recommend you change the password once you’re logged in by issuing the passwd command. Remember the new password you set.

Regarding the ‘keyboard and mouse’ part in your post … I use a wireless set. So the rPi is mounted behind the monitor and only has 2 wires on it: power and HDMI. There’s a USB dongle plugged in that’s for the keyboard and mouse which I rarely use. Specially since I log in remotely. The only time I need the mouse or keyboard is if something bad happened and the rPi won’t boot up normally. But other than that, not needed.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.