MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Calendar module won't show all events

• The default calendar module connects to my iCloud calendars fine, but won’t show all events. I switched to MMM-CalendarExt and it shows perfectly.
    After the recent update of MagicMirror, MMM-CalendarExt won’t display on screen at all. I just need one of them to work properly. Any ideas?

• @gama

Look into issue:

https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/5071/mmm-calendarext-cant-get-the-calendar-to-show

It is a problem of Electron that has been downgraded.

The default calendar module has had some issues removed in the update, maybe it is now okay for you.

• This is what I found out.

0_1514939982015_Error.PNG

Here’s the code at that location:

addCalendars: async function() {
        var self = this
        for (var c in this.CurrentConfigs.calendars) {
          self.addCalendar(self.CurrentConfigs.getCalConfig(c))
          await sleep(1000)
        }
      },

Could it be that the error is within the core programming of the module?

• I’ve had the same problem since upgrading to MagicMirror 2.2.0.

It seems that Node.js is upset that MMM-CalendarExt uses an async function at MMM-CalendarExt.js:182. From what I can tell, Node.js didn’t support async until 7.4, and I’m (apparently) running 6.12.2 (via node -v). However, until I upgraded MagicMirror this weekend, MMM-CalendarExt was working fine.

I just edited run-start.sh:4 to the following, and just got MMM-CalendarExt working again:

electron --js-flags="--harmony-async-await" js/electron.js $1

Can someone explain why upgrading to MagicMirror 2.2.0 would’ve rolled back the Node.js support for async?

• @ninjabreadman

Nice. Thanks for the workaround! It’s working now.

• @ninjabreadman
    Slick fix, Well done. Think this should get pushed to the master branch? Does not seem it will get in the way of other functionality/stability since we can still use the lower electron version but obviously the workaround means updates involve stashing changes and such.

• Module Developer

@ninjabreadman said in Calendar module won’t show all events:

I just edited run-start.sh:4 to the following, and just got MMM-CalendarExt working again:
    electron --js-flags="–harmony-async-await" js/electron.js $1

It’s a great fix for this issue. Anyway, I’m almost finishing my vacation and my current business a few days. I should have to join the summit for business in mid of January in Seoul and Paris. After that, I will release fix of this issue.