Wunderlist - Stuck on Black Screen



  • Hello All,

    I’m pretty tech savvy, but apparently not enough to get wunderlist to work.

    I’ll lay out as much information as I can to help make this an easy question.

    I installed Raspian using NOOBS (That was lazy, I know) on a Pi 3.

    I then went through the tutorial to install Magic Mirror and was able to get all of the defaults modules working. I added in MMM-Wunderlist, but to no avail no matter what I tried. I’m assuming it’s something very simple, but nonetheless I can’t figure it out.

    I’ve tinkered with config.js, even removing as many of the configuration attributes to avoid creating more problems.

    Here is my config.js file as of now. It just produces a blank screen. If I removed the module out of Config.js, MM works great.

    What am I missing? Thanks in advance. My wife will love this once it’s done!

    var config = {
    port: 8080,

    language: 'en',
    timeFormat: '12',
    units: 'metric',
    
    modules: [
    	{
    		module: 'alert',
    	},
    	{
    		module: 'clock',
    		position: 'top_center'
    	},
    	{
    		module: 'calendar',
    		header: 'US Holidays',
    		position: 'lower_third',
    		config: {
    			calendars: [
    				{
    					symbol: 'calendar-check-o ',
    					url: 'webcal://www.calendarlabs.com/templates/ical/US-Holidays.ics'
    				}
    			]
    		}
    	},
    	{
    			module: 'MMM-Wunderlist',
    			position: 'top_left',  // This can be any of the regions. Best results in left or right regions.
    			header: 'Wunderlist', // This is optional
    			config: {
                   		accesToken: 'Access Token XXXXXXX',
                 		clientID: 'ClientID XXXXXX',
                 		lists: 'inbox',
                  		interval: 10,
                 		fade: true
    			}
    	},
    

    Aaron


  • Moderator

    several things:

    • it should be accessToken (with 2 s)
    • it should be lists: [‘inbox’],
    • did you really add ‘Access Token’ and ‘ClientID’ as text to the values? You should just provide the token and the clientid without any other text or signs


  • Thank you – I’ll give those a try.

    JSlint didn’t give an errors with the exception for “use spaces not tabs, etc.”

    I’ll fix the Access Typo and add in the brackets. I think I actually had the brackets before and then removed them.

    I did not have Access Token or Client DI in in those fields – Just the actual values. I only put that there for the purpose of this post.



  • 1- go to https://developer.wunderlist.com/
    2- sign in
    3- create app
    4- App URL : https://a.wunderlist.com/api/v1/lists
    5- App callback : http://localhost:8080
    6- Save the app (=> you have now the client ID)
    7- Click on generate token (=> you have now the access token)



  • Ok - so I changed the couple of problems I had regarding the extra S and the brackets.

    I actually already grabbed the token and client ID. I’ve done it three times now… Pardon my ignorance but where can I look for the log file to see where it’s getting stuck?



  • I used your config (copy paste), fixedthe typo for the list), added my client ID and token and it works fine. So the only reason I see would be a incorrect token

    Are you 100% sure that you don’t use the “secret token” and use the “access token” ?

    screenshot



  • Had some time work on this again and I’d like to follow up in case it can help someone else who is new to this as I have solved the problem.

    Let it be known that the only experience I have with code is a little of each - Arduino, BASIC (From 15 years ago and it was ancient even then), and C+, so bear with me.

    I was receiving a blank screen because I installed the Wunderlist module into the /Modules/default folder with the other modules as that was my intuition. So the config file couldn’t find the module when called. I simply cut and pasted the whole MMM-Wunderlist folder into /modules.

    So that was just an installation (user) problem as the directions clearly state that it goes under /modules, not /modules/defaults.

    At this point only the header would display- No list. I tried leaving it at the default of the “inbox” list, which never worked.

    I tried another list and it finally showed up! The list name is case sensitive, which may be an added security feature for authentication.

    I did not try testing the “inbox” using a capital “I”, so it may work, but regardless, these small changes fixed the issue.

    Special thanks to @bobbob601 for taking the time to help diagnose and testing tokens and ID’s on his own MagicMirror.

    I’ll post some pictures once I have it all configured the way I’d like.
    Aaron


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.