MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Music module for (local) online radio stations

• Hi,

today I´m thinking about a new problem/Idea.
    Maybe someone have the same idea or like a same module.

I use on my mirror the simple Music Player module by @EoF conected to a smb folder on my NAS to play music. Whit many help of @Jopyth i can use it now also whit voice controll.

Thats fine

Now I think about a module like the Simple Music Player but not to play Mp3 files. I like to copy some online radio station link from local station to play radio. I thinking about a Player which shows you at the mirror a list of one,two or however radio stations you have linked in your module and then you can say Station one or Station two. or something else. I hope you understand my thinking.

In thinking about this I like to try it myself. Because my codeing experiens is very bad. (only some basicly experience in scool ten years ago, I have to use try and error. Now I think maybe I can modify a new instance of the music player module, to play radio station link and not mp3. But my problem was the voice control. At the present I can say play stop and song back/Song forward. But then i like to say not only play and next station/last station. I like to say Play station one or play station two. Is there any other module which I can look for an example?

Sorry becaue I´m writting so many.but I hope you could understand my idea.
    Greets gismo

• Module Developer

@gismo2006 If you use Alexa for voice control you can say “Alexa, play radio 1” and it will play the station

• @Mitchfarino Thank your for your answer. I have tested Alexa some days ago after I posted und Generall Discussion in this forum. There was the question should I use Alexa or Stevens hicksons suite an google. After a try for google and a not working Suite I tested Alexa because I readed about that you haven´t to use a button to use alexa from now on. But Alexa only understand englich at the moment (Thats I found in the www and if I asked “she”. She told me that, too) I´m not sure, if that the right thing for my mirror. Because there was some other family member who like to use it. My sons and my wife. (I know if I use snowword Hotword, I havve to create for everyone a pmdl file)