MagicMirror² v2.13.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

middle_left, middle_center, middle_right

• Hi,

As far as I can see, there is only a middle_center position.
    Would it be possible to have a middle_left, middle_center and middle_right position ?

For top and bottom this exists, just not for middle (or the upper_third and lower_third).

For some reason I found the need for:

.region.middle.center {
      width: 60%;
    }

But everything for middle_center is now left aligned and I find it hard to place a module in the middle_center right aligned.

So, I am in control of my defence and my strikers, but my center players are out of control 🙂

• Module Developer

@evroom
    So, do you want to align some elements(text or somethings) to the right in middle_center?

.region.middle.center {
      text-align:right;
    }

Try this…

• Actually, I want to divide the middle section in 60% and 40%.

I have my monitor rotated (portrait mode), so dividing in more parts does not make sense in terms of readability, but I guess persons with the monitor in landscape mode might want 25% - 50% - 25% (as an example).

So, therefore I changed the middle center to 60%, which results in a middle section of 60% on the right-hand-side.
    And an empty middle section of 40% on the left-hand-side.
    The modules in the positions top_right and bottom_right do fill parts of on the right-hand-side, but I do not have control of the (top)-alignment.
    A center_left and center_right would help here.
    I hope it a bit clear. Not that easy to explain.

I was looking for something like this:

.region.left.center {
      width: 60%;
    }
    .region.middle.center {
      width: 0%;
    }
    .region.right.center {
      width: 40%;
    }

• Module Developer

@evroom
    You can escape MM’s region boundary using

position:absolute;

or

position:relative;

But you should have some knowledge or experience about CSS.

• @Sean,

Thanks.
    Just starting to understand a little bit about CSS, so better to try different options.
    One being:

Multiple modules with the same position will be ordered based on the order in the configuration file.

I will order my modules in the config.js, as there are now placed randomly, and then see if it fits my expectations.