MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Twice now the Electron screen has loaded 'Pure-White'

• Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

• Consider the config file has ‘no’ modules or ‘has plenty’ so its not module related as far as i can tell.

And best way to revert it to black other than to clone files, delete MM and re-clone back in to place…

• This is not much info. Do u have any logs in the MagicMirror folder?

I think this is not related to modules. What do u change when it gets white again after recloning?

• This post is deleted!

• @wjdw87 I had this happen a few times when I was attempting to get the motiondetection module to work. I suspect it has something to do with the video driver, but I’m not sure. I ended up having to reboot the Pi to get the white screen to go away.

I have since increased my GPU memory to 192 and I haven’t had the problem since. If you wish to try this, edit the /boot/config.txt file and either modify or add gpu_mem=192 to the file. In my case, this value was towards the bottom of the file.

Please do let me know if this works.

• Hi all, i suspected it was something to do with electron being corrupted with some work we have been doing compiling both the ai - home auto - and mm together.

I simply deleted the folder (mm) reinstalled MM and now all appears to be working fine, that is until i being installing the modules for MM 😛

Bhepler, great point, could have been that also