MagicMirror² v2.13.0 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.

Black screen with MMM Pir sensor after update

• With the Pir sensor module, I have a black screen after starting. Have tried the following so far:
    cd ~ / MagicMirror
    npm install electron rebuild
    node_modules / .bin / electron-rebuild

And then:
    npm rebuild or npm install
    for the pir sensor

The mistake remains anyway, someone an idea?

Greetings Jörg

• I have the same error. Atteached the console output. Logfile can be found here.

An unhandled error occurred inside electron-rebuild
    Could not detect abi for version 6.1.7 and runtime electron.  Updating "node-abi" might help solve this issue if it is a new release of electron

Error: Could not detect abi for version 6.1.7 and runtime electron.  Updating "node-abi" might help solve this issue if it is a new release of electron
        at Object.getAbi (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/node-abi/index.js:30:9)
        at new Rebuilder (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/electron-rebuild/lib/src/rebuild.js:122:28)
        at rebuildWithOptions (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/electron-rebuild/lib/src/rebuild.js:393:23)
        at Object.doRebuild [as rebuild] (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/electron-rebuild/lib/src/rebuild.js:400:16)
        at Object. (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/electron-rebuild/lib/src/cli.js:115:33)
        at Generator.next ()
        at fulfilled (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_modules/electron-rebuild/lib/src/cli.js:5:58)
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 255
    npm ERR! Magic-Mirror-Module-PIR-Sensor@1.1.0 postinstall: `electron-rebuild -e ../../node_modules/electron`
    npm ERR! Exit status 255
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Failed at the Magic-Mirror-Module-PIR-Sensor@1.1.0 postinstall script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2020-04-02T08_25_32_202Z-debug.log
    processing complete for module MMM-PIR-Sensor

• @rabbit83ka said in Black screen with MMM Pir sensor after update:

Updating “node-abi” might help solve this issue

delete package-lock.json in the MMM-Pir-Sensor folder,
    run npm install there
    then maybe also have to do electron-rebuild again

• It works! Thank you 😀

• @JoeFranz did u have to electron-rebuild?

• @sdetweil yes

• @JoeFranz thanks

• @sdetweil Hi Sam, I deleted the package-lock.json, after that npm install still fails with the same error message. npm install electron rebuild also doesn’t help…

I wiped the module folder and reinstalled it from github, now it works.

• @rabbit83ka cool. thx for feedback

so, npm install after clone works…

must be the package-lock.json file (it recorded what it did last time)

• Hey,

had the same problem with my pir sensor module and I could fix it with the help from you guys BUT now i loaded module but the monitor doesn’t shut down. Commands over ssh works fine. I did a fresh install only for the pir sensor module to get it working.