Octopus AGILE - price and usage in 1/2 hour chunks
The existing octopus MMM is good, but theres scope for expansion on the idea.
The AGILE plan is a 1/2 hourly tariff (https://www.energy-stats.uk/octopus-agile/), with the following days updates released 4-4:30pm each day.
It would be great to have:
- The last/next 24 hours pricing (maybe set this in variables as its a lot of lines)
- Highlight pricing above/below specified thresholds (again, variable), i.e. green below 8p a unit, red above 15p, so you can spot at a glance the good/bad times for usage. Bonus points for plunge pricing (below 0p) to go nuts somehow
- Display user usage for each 1/2 hour period next to the price - so people can check their costs - again bonus points for calculating the approx cost and showing spikes in usage somehow
This might need to be 2 modules, but to my mind its one long flow, updating every 1/2 hour (or perhaps it would be better to update everyday at 5/6pm when the numbers change) so that at a glance you can see:
- cheap / expensive times to put the washing on today
- when you should put all the EVs, batteries, storage heaters etc on charge to use plunge pricing
- how well you are matching your usage to the expense
@TheVeryAngryUnicorn how does this apply to MagicMirror?
@sdetweil as a module to display the above info?
@TheVeryAngryUnicorn ok, I didn’t get that this was about power usage display.
my apologies, its come to the wrong forum, my bad - should be in requests. Can a mod move this?