Multiple desktop with swipe

• Hi
    I am planning on creating a smartmirror with an ir-frame. My plan is to create different desktop’s and then be able to move between them using a swipe. You can see an illustration of what i want here:
    http://idangero.us/swiper/demos/02-responsive.html
    This way, I could have a desktop of the modules I preffer; my girlfriend could choose her modules on her desktop an so on. Is this something that is possible in magicmirror or am i better of just creating a webpage myself using idangero?

• Module Developer

Well, the first “issue” I can think of is that the raspberry isn’t powerful enough to do a smooth sliding animation, but if you can live with that I see no issue in making multiple layouts, maybe using the profileswitcher module, but instead of fade in/out you have a sliding animation.

• But i guess that module would need a bit of tweaking since it has to rely on swipes, instead of facial recognition? Perhaps it would be easier to just create a webpage myself in html/js/php since i need to incorporate touch ability to most of the modules. But thank you very much for pointing me towards the profileswitcher module. I will take that into consideration.

• Module Developer

@mortenbirkelund I’ve made two touch modules, none of them swipe, but anything you can do with a mouse you can add to MM via javascript events, like click etc etc.

There are more profile/module selection modules to hide and show different kind of modules, they don’t need facial recognition, they can get input from any source, more or less.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.