Alexapi - Any UK Users on here?

• Hi there
    Are there any UK users of alexapi on here at all?

**** EDIT ****
    I am asking for UK users incase there is a problem using the service in the UK, or if UK users have to do anything different?

Thanks in advance

• im in london UK

• @michael24h

Hi there… London? I Used to live in Streatham SW16 ;-)

Long story short(ish) lol - tried installing this (by the letter) 3 times, and have been unable to get it to work! :-(
    New install each time, and in the proper directory as required.

I have everything required in the YAML, The account numbers/letters from Amazon and refresh token… changed the YAML as recommended - pulseaudio, sox, magicmirror… but when i start it up, nothing happens… so then check service… says - ERROR URL [errno 111] …

Just wondered if anyone from the UK managed the install okay, and got this to work as it should, and would have the time to briefly go through the steps used - incase by the law of average I have missed the blatantly obvious? :-)

I even tried adding MMM-AlexaPi into the Modules config.js to then see the Mic on screen ( I just C&P all the text part from the Read me, that says what part to add to the config.js - just as I have done so with all my other modules, that work perfectly…) but, something must be amiss there as when starting up MM after entering that text, it tells me to compile my config - meaning the entry i added is wrong? As whenever i remove that entry, MM works as it should.

But my main prob is actually getting alexapi to load/work… as the error says there is a problem.

If you can, in any shape or form, be able to give me a run down of what you did, and what you entered in both the YAML, and config.js, or anywhere else, I would be very gratefull, as this has been 4 weeks trying just about everything, over and over, to no avail :-(

Thanks very much in advance

• @johnnyboy
    I in Herne Hill SE24.
    yeah no problem mate, I will check which one Bring up mic. icon on to my mm-clock. and let you know. I did run in to same problem. MMM-AlexaPi did not bring mic. icon as expected.

• @michael24h
    That will be greatly appreciated… many thanks.
    Indeed this MMM-AlexaPi works for some, but not for others… even by singing off the same Hymn sheet… so any and all help is really appreciated to get it up and running as it should.

• Hi
    I did restore my sd card from backup. and start instoling modules. backup only have default modules on it and alexa. Mic icon did not show up until I installed MMM-IMDBComingSoon. Pretty sure last time when I reinstall completely my mm-clock, I have installed something else, different module. I’m not sure which one. Anyway mic show up after i add this module.
    Each time installing new module I reboot device.
    0_1492620952718_Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 17.55.39.png
    I’m not too sure how helpful this can be for you, also it’s no make any changes the any thing except instilling modules and Adding the module to my config/config.js until mic icon show up.

modules: [
    		{
    			module: 'MMM-Remote-Control',
    			// uncomment the following line to show the URL of the remote control on the mirror
    		    // position: 'bottom_right',
    			// you can hide this module afterwards from the remote control itself
    			//ipWhitelist: ["127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::1", "......ip....address..."],
    			ipWhitelist: ["127.0.0.1", "::ffff:127.0.0.1", "::1", "....ip......address...."],
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'alert',
    		},
    		{
    			module: "updatenotification",
    			position: "top_bar"
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'calendar_monthly',
    			position: 'top_left',
    			config: {

}
                 },
    	    {
    			module: 'currentweather',
    			position: 'top_right',
    				locationID: '......................',  //ID from http://www.openweathermap.org
    				appid: '.........................'
    			}
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'clock',
    			position: 'top_center',
    				displayType: 'analog',
    				clockBold:	'true',
    				analogSize:	'240px',
    				analogFace: 'face-008',
    				secondsColor: '#bf1a1a',
    			}
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'weatherforecast',
    			position: 'top_right',
    			header: 'Weather Forecast',
    				locationID: '............',  //ID from http://www.openweathermap.org
    				appid: ......................................',
    				onlyTemp: true
    			}
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'MMM-SystemStats',
    			position: 'bottom_right', // This can be any of the regions.
    			classes: 'small dimmed', // Add your own styling. Optional.
    				updateInterval: 10000,
    				animationSpeed: 0,
    				//header: 'System Stats', // This is optional
    			}
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'MMM-AlexaPi',
    			position: 'lower_third',
    				alexaTimeout: '15000',
    				alexaHBTimeout: '10000',
                // The config property is optional.
                // If no config is set, defualt values are used
                // See 'Configuration options' for more information.

}
    		},
    		{
    			module: 'MMM-Globe',
    			position: 'bottom_left',
    			style: 'geoColor', // natColor, geoColor, airMass, fullBand, europeDiscNat, europeDiscSnow, centralAmericaDiscNat
    			imageSize: 175,
    			updateInterval: 10*60*1000
    			}
    		},
    		{
                module: 'MMM-IMDBComingSoon',
                position: 'bottom_left',
                header: "Upcoming Films",
                    apikey: "......................................................",
                    reloadInterval: 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000, //8 hours
                    dataSwapInterval: 60 * 1000, //1 min
                    animationSpeed: 1.5 * 1000 //1.5 secs
                }
            },

]
    };
    /*************** DO NOT EDIT THE LINE BELOW ***************/
    if (typeof module !== 'undefined') {module.exports = config;}

• @michael24h

Thanks for this… I have now seen an error I have made when putting MMM-AlexaPi into my config.js, and this could very well be why it tells me to compile a config - because it was missing the following?
    I shall try that tomorrow and see.

alexaTimeout: '15000',
    				alexaHBTimeout: '10000',

I guess I should have read more into the actual options there :-(
    So thank you very much for posting your config.js or I would never have thought of that.
    Fingers crossed this is the very key I have been searching for to fix my problem?

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.