Updated MMM and MMM-PIR, Monitor turns on and stays black

• Hi there,

I really like this Project, and after having it on my Desk for a while reminding me to do some Updates (Magic Mirror itself and the PIR-Module), unfortunately switching to PM2 for autostart in the same Process, I’m Stuck on the problem, that the Monitor starts getting a Signal, once the motion is detected, but the only thing I’m able to see is de working Backlight.
    If i do a reboot, evrything is working, as long as the Monitor stays on. After being switched off an on by the PIR-Module, it stays black except the Backlight comming up.

Any Hints welcome !

Hightower

• Module Developer

@H1ghtower sounds like a screensaver issue since the monitor actually turns on

• Hey!

Deactivate screensaver if not done yet.
    That may be a cause.

How do you controll the display? Are you using a command like /opt/vc/nin/tvservice -o and /opt/vc/nin/tvservice -p or just tvservice -o?

And is the display connected via hdmi?

If that’s the case you could try the following:

In /boot/config.txt add hdmi_blanking=1 and reboot. Now try HDMI Output OFF with vcgencmd display_power 0 and HDMI Output ON with vcgencmd display_power 1 instead of the command above.

Descript here. :)

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.