MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

NewsFeed Module - TimeZone issue

• Hello,

I’m living in Turkey and my timezone is GMT +3 for now. News feed module doesn’t care my time zone and calculate the time with moment.js and fromNow function.

I’ve just made a fix for this.

First create a config node in config js

language: 'tr',
    	timeFormat: 24,
    	units: 'metric',
    	**timeZone: 3,**
    	modules: [

*timeZone config node is an int type value and can be positive or negative value.

Then go to newsfeed.js file (under /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/newsfeed location) and change the below line.

Old Line:
    if (this.config.showPublishDate) sourceAndTimestamp.innerHTML += moment(new Date(this.newsItems[this.activeItem].pubdate)).fromNow();

Change to:
    if (this.config.showPublishDate) sourceAndTimestamp.innerHTML += moment(new Date(this.newsItems[this.activeItem].pubdate)).subtract(config.timeZone, ‘hours’).fromNow();

This piece of code reads the config file and subtract from the time.

Hope this helps.

/M

Feel free to create PR and submit it against the 'develop' branch so it can be checked out and incorporated is possible.