MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

ENOMEM errors coming from UpdateNotification and MMM-PIR-Sensor modules

• My mirror has crashed twice in the past 24 hours due to ENOMEM errors, the stack trace from the error log is as follows:

{ Error: spawn ENOMEM
        at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
        at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:313:11)
        at Object.exports.spawn (child_process.js:399:9)
        at Git._schedule (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.js:1249:42)
        at Git._run (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.js:1231:12)
        at Git.fetch (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.js:317:19)
        at /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/updatenotification/node_helper.js:64:11
        at Array.forEach (native)
        at Class.preformFetch (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/updatenotification/node_helper.js:63:14)
        at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/updatenotification/node_helper.js:83:9) code: 'ENOMEM', errno: 'ENOMEM', syscall: 'spawn' }
    { Error: spawn ENOMEM
        at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
        at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:313:11)
        at exports.spawn (child_process.js:399:9)
        at Object.exports.execFile (child_process.js:160:15)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as execFile] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:200:20)
        at exports.exec (child_process.js:120:18)
        at childProcess.(anonymous function) (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:685:22)
        at Class.deactivateMonitor (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_helper.js:37:7)
        at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_helper.js:74:18)
        at ontimeout (timers.js:365:14) code: 'ENOMEM', errno: 'ENOMEM', syscall: 'spawn' }

I’ve had the mirror running for about a week, this is the first time I’m coming across this. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

• @malicious_banjo said in ENOMEM errors coming from UpdateNotification and MMM-PIR-Sensor modules:

ENOMEM errors

What modules are you running? It’s an out of memory error…

• @cowboysdude Oh, my bad. Those two are both the modules that failed both times, assumed they were the root cause.
    Modules:

• UpdateNotification
    • default Clock
    • default Calendar
    • default Compliments
    • default CurrentWeather
    • default Weatherforecast
    • default NewsFeed
    • MMM-Scrobbler
    • MMM-My-Commute
    • MMM-pihole-stats
    • phone notifications

• Comment out all of these:

MMM-Scrobbler
    MMM-My-Commute
    MMM-pihole-stats
    phone notifications

like this:

{
                disabled: true,
                module: 'MMM-NPMWeather',
                position: 'bottom_bar',	
    		config: {
    				read: "F",
    				maxWidth: "50%"
    			}
                },

just add disabled: true, to the top of each one like the example then try rerunning the mirror…
    If it runs okay then one at a time change the true to false… and rerun…

That’s troubleshooting to see if any of the modules are causing this issue.

• @cowboysdude I’m expecting the error to come from the pihole module, it didn’t start happening until I added that yesterday.
    If/when I diagnose that it’s the source, how would you recommend I fix it?

• @malicious_banjo said in ENOMEM errors coming from UpdateNotification and MMM-PIR-Sensor modules:

pihole module

I would suggest uninstalling the pihole module… pihole uninstall [I believe I read somewhere]