ENOMEM errors coming from UpdateNotification and MMM-PIR-Sensor modules

• My mirror has crashed twice in the past 24 hours due to ENOMEM errors, the stack trace from the error log is as follows:

{ Error: spawn ENOMEM
        at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
        at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:313:11)
        at Object.exports.spawn (child_process.js:399:9)
        at Git._schedule (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.js:1249:42)
        at Git._run (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.js:1231:12)
        at Git.fetch (/home/pi/MagicMirror/node_modules/simple-git/src/git.js:317:19)
        at /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/updatenotification/node_helper.js:64:11
        at Array.forEach (native)
        at Class.preformFetch (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/updatenotification/node_helper.js:63:14)
        at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/default/updatenotification/node_helper.js:83:9) code: 'ENOMEM', errno: 'ENOMEM', syscall: 'spawn' }
    { Error: spawn ENOMEM
        at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
        at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:313:11)
        at exports.spawn (child_process.js:399:9)
        at Object.exports.execFile (child_process.js:160:15)
        at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as execFile] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:200:20)
        at exports.exec (child_process.js:120:18)
        at childProcess.(anonymous function) (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:685:22)
        at Class.deactivateMonitor (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_helper.js:37:7)
        at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-PIR-Sensor/node_helper.js:74:18)
        at ontimeout (timers.js:365:14) code: 'ENOMEM', errno: 'ENOMEM', syscall: 'spawn' }

I’ve had the mirror running for about a week, this is the first time I’m coming across this. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

• @malicious_banjo said in ENOMEM errors coming from UpdateNotification and MMM-PIR-Sensor modules:

ENOMEM errors

What modules are you running? It’s an out of memory error…

• @cowboysdude Oh, my bad. Those two are both the modules that failed both times, assumed they were the root cause.
    Modules:

• UpdateNotification
    • default Clock
    • default Calendar
    • default Compliments
    • default CurrentWeather
    • default Weatherforecast
    • default NewsFeed
    • MMM-Scrobbler
    • MMM-My-Commute
    • MMM-pihole-stats
    • phone notifications

• Comment out all of these:

MMM-Scrobbler
    MMM-My-Commute
    MMM-pihole-stats
    phone notifications

like this:
    {
    disabled: true,
    module: ‘MMM-NPMWeather’,
    position: ‘bottom_bar’,
    config: {
    read: “F”,
    maxWidth: “50%”
    }
    },

just add disabled: true, to the top of each one like the example then try rerunning the mirror…
    If it runs okay then one at a time change the true to false… and rerun…

That’s troubleshooting to see if any of the modules are causing this issue.

• @cowboysdude I’m expecting the error to come from the pihole module, it didn’t start happening until I added that yesterday.
    If/when I diagnose that it’s the source, how would you recommend I fix it?

• @malicious_banjo said in ENOMEM errors coming from UpdateNotification and MMM-PIR-Sensor modules:

pihole module

I would suggest uninstalling the pihole module… pihole uninstall [I believe I read somewhere]

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.