MMM-NEST



  • Anyone have luck getting this module going? It’s pretty straight forward, nice script that walks you through all steps (reminds me of VMWare tools). The module looks to be installed, but my mirror only ever shows “Loading” and no nest data.


  • Module Developer

    Are you seeing anything in the console logs? It sounds like the XML Request isn’t responding with the data. I’ve really only tested my own system so I haven’t caught all the problems yet. How is your nest set up? Do you just have 1 unit?



  • I’m trying to figure out how to look at the console logs. (Googling console logs and linux)

    Just 1 nest, controlling ac and heat, pretty simple setup.


  • Module Developer

    I’m not sure if this is the right way, but I use chrome on my computer and go to http://your-raspi-ip:8080. This should take you to your magicmirror webpage. Then I open up the developer console with ctrl-shift-I. On the top, you can select console. It should have all the info from your modules there.



  • Awesome, that I can do.

    Here’s what I see in Console that stands out.

    MMM-Nest.js:120 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
    processTemp @ MMM-Nest.js:120
    nestRequest.onreadystatechange @ MMM-Nest.js:108

    Digging a little further, console sems to think there’s an issue with MMM-Nest.js on line 120:
    var keyVar = Object.keys(data.thermostats);

    and line 108
    self.processTemp(JSON.parse(this.response));


  • Module Developer

    I just updated the module to catch some problems. Can you go into the MMM-Nest module folder and run git pull. That should get the most updated version. If you are still having problems, can you run the following command
    rm ~/.pm2/logs/mm-error-0.log
    Restart your mirror then post the contents of both your console.log and the mm-error-0.log. Thanks.



  • No luck I’m afraid.

    And to not really help matters, the console continues to state the same things, and the mm-error-0.log file is empty.

    I opened this a few times just to make sure I wasn’t typing something wrong.

    Then I redid the git pull, just because I figured maybe that was the problem. But shows up to date now.



  • For anyone that wonders across this, this ended up happening because I was using one of the family acconts for my nest developer account. Nest doesn’t consider this as having a device associated to it. Problem was solved by creating a developer account with the ‘main’ account.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.