MMM-Remote-Control-Repository

• Module Developer

MMM-Remote-Control-Repository

This module automatically updates modules.json of MMM-Remote-Control with information of https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/wiki/MagicMirror²-Modules

As you know, MMM-Remote-Control is a great module, I think it is essentially needed to manage your MagicMirror. But installable modules are limited by modules.json. And it was managed by manual. The last update was 7 months ago.

After conversation with @Jopyth in Slack, I thought it could be a good option to provide automatically updated modules.json

https://github.com/MichMich/MagicMirror/wiki/MagicMirror%C2%B2-Modules would be working as a deFacto repository for MagicMirror modules. So installable modules data was derived from there.

Download:

• Hi,

I have a little problem with your module. I hae install correctly and my MagicMirror starts. Now I have start with npm start dev because of an other problem. And I found two errors atr the console.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    Error on loading script: modules/MMM-Remote-Control-Repository//MMM-Remote-Control-Repository.js

and

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    Error on loading script: modules/MMM-Remote-Control-Repository//MMM-Remote-Control-Repository.js

Can you help me?

greets gismo

• Module Developer

@gismo2006
    The message means MMM-Remote-Control-Repository was not installed properly.
    Check if the source is located in proper position.

cd {your magicmirror directory}/modules/MMM-Remote-Control-Repository
    ls

Are the directory and files located properly?

• Hi,

ok I found the problem. I have install like you write, but the module folder wasn´t called MMM-Remote-Control-Repository the created folder was named RC-Repository. I have changed the name and now there are no errors shown.

Thank you

• Module Developer

@gismo2006
    Sorry. That was my typo miss. I fix it now.

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.