This module for the Magic Mirror² allows you to quickly shutdown your mirror through a web browser. The website should work fine on any device (desktop, smart phone, tablet, …). Additionally you can hide and show modules on your mirror, send alerts and do more cool stuff in the future.
Can not access the remote website (and the MagicMirror in general) at all (MagicMirror Version > 2.1.3)
Possible solution: Change address in config
White screen issues (after updating)?
Possible solution: Run npm install
Error: Cannot GET /remote.html
Possible solution: [MMM-Remote-Control] Can not access remote control module
“This device is not allowed to access your mirror. Please check your config.js or config.js.sample to change this.”
Solution: ipWhitelist HowTo
[2.0.0] - 2019-02-21
Huge shoutout to shbatm for his work on this new major version, which brings a new API, custom menus and commands and lots of other stuff:
- REST API interface for controlling all aspects of the MagicMirror from HTTP RESTful-style GET and POST calls, based on principles from MMM-Api
- Full API Documentation at API/README.md
- Live daily updates of
modules.jsonfrom the MagicMirror wiki, based on principles from MMM-Remote-Control-Repository.
- Incorporated some features found in MMM-OnScreenMenu that were not originally in this module.
- Monitor (Connected Screen) On-Off Status and Toggle
- Delayed calls (“DELAYED” Query option and
- If using Electron: Open Dev Tools, Minimize, Toggle Fullscreen
- Configuration Option to send custom shell commands to use. Currently, only custom monitor on/off/status commands are supported.
- Module Control menu - Automatically generated from the API to control the different modules you have installed, based on their
- Custom menu items. See Custom Menu Items in README
- Norsk bokmål translation
- Updates to
node_helper.jsto use direct SocketIO communication back and forth instead of separate HTTP calls.
- Future framework for following PM2 logs and more live update options.
- General clean-up and standardization of status reporting for GET and POST calls, to original URLs and to new API URLs.
- Updated to ES2015 (ES Version 6) function calls in most locations.
- Added USER_PRESENCE controls from AgP42
- Added/updated french translations from BKeyport and Mysh3ll
- Added SHOW/HIDE/TOGGLE ALL modules option per request from Rene1709
- Add additional MMM-OnScreenMenu features:
- Moving modules’ positions
- PM2 Log Follower / Terminal Window
- Added Notification Echo option to config to echo all Module Notifications to the remote’s DevTools console for debugging.
- Allow for text input in the Module Controls menu to be able to provide a notification payload.
[1.1.5] - 2018-05-14
- French translation
- Updated documentation to new MagicMirror version
- Fix error on updating MagicMirror
[1.1.4] - 2017-09-17
- Dutch translation
- Updating a module tries to install dependencies with
- Module identifier is shown if a module is locked with lock strings
- Confirmation dialog before restart and shutdown
- Internal save file format and mistakenly hiding modules which were hidden by other modules
- Restart should work for new installations
- German translation for power menu changed from “Ausschalten” to “Energieoptionen”
[1.1.3] - 2017-04-23
- Portuguese translation
- Indonesian translation
- Support for iOS Icon and Webapp
- Installation no longer needs a temporary file
- Icon paths adapted to changes in Magic Mirror² 2.1.0
[1.1.2] - 2017-02-01
Note: Since version 1.1.0 this module uses (new) dependencies, check the Updating section in the README.md.
- Swedish translation
- Installation process updated in README.md
- Automatic installer/updater includes hint to restart Magic Mirror²
- Issues with not applying shown and hidden status correctly to modules
- Issues where lockstrings were missing
- Modules sometimes did not show correctly in the UI as hidden or shown:
[1.1.0] - 2017-01-26
- First version of installer script
- Menu to send Alerts and/or Notifications to your mirror
- Menu to update your MagicMirror installation and your modules (through
- Menu to change the
- Modules can be installed, added, removed, configured
- There will be backups of the five last versions of the
- Some of these parts are hidden behind an “exprimental” warning, do not ignore that warning
- NOTIFICATION action, see README.md for details
- Menu structure
- Old “Edit” and “Settings” are now under “Edit view”
- Smaller font sizes in lists
- Issues coming from disabled modules since MM version 2.1.0
[1.0.0] - 2016-10-24
- New buttons in user interface
- Hide/show all modules
- Link to MagicMirror² homepage
- Option to adapt brightness (making the mirror brighter than 100% can be limited to certain modules)
- Contributing hints
- Internal versioning of saved config (current version: 1)
- Added action
MODULE_DATAto return module data in JSON format
- Internal timeout for commands increased from 5 to 8 seconds
- Symbols for display on and off
- Internal changes in preparation for Magic Mirror version