@joey Hello and thank you for your review and your opinion as well. You are right about the frame thickness but since this was my first built I want it to be safe for it’s weight so I exaggerated a little. Next will be thinner. As for the wall distance this the minimum I could do since all the components (RPi, arduino, power supplies etc) I think they couldn’t fit in a thinner frame. Although it looks great in my home. Also I kept in mind that there must be enough space in the frame for vendilation. For GA I am sorry but everyone refers to Google Assistant like this so I did too.
You got RTSPStream to work!!! NICE! I need to try harder then as this is something i’ve wanted on my MM for a long time. I just read there were issues and it wasn’t supported any longer so i didn’t really try.
In fact you say well, RTSPStream does not work and when it starts it works badly.
For this reason, externally to the MM, I launch an OMXPLAYER command with coordinates that places the video down to the right.
I have not found any other solution …
IMPORTANT: on Buster OMXPLAYER is still present, in Bullseye it has been removed in favor of VLC which unfortunately I had difficulty configuring …
My first Magic Mirror build using a recycled 19’’ TFT monitor.
You can view the configurations for my modules here: https://github.com/fairhurst-dev/MagicMirror
My housing design consisted of the frame, followed by the two-way glass and monitor stacked on top of each other. This stack was surrounded by the dummy box and finally a plywood back board was attached to the back.
I created a frame and dummy box using two 3-in x 6-ft pine boards. Then I attached the two-way glass to the back of the frame with silicone glue.
I secured the monitor inside the dummy box and flat against the glass using four 4-in corner braces.
I attached the dummy box to the frame back using 1.5-in corner brackets.
The plywood backboard was attached using 2-in corner brackets, followed by a French cleat to allow the entire unit to hang on the wall, no stud needed!french_cleat_plywood.jpeg
Lastly, I used cable ties to organize the cords behind the monitor and velcro squares to secure the power boxes and Raspberry Pi to the back of the monitorvelcro_squares.pngback_view.png
Enjoy the build, and please reach out with any questions! https://fairhurst.dev