[MMM-Skolmaten] Shows school lunch menus in Sweden from skolmaten.se

• Description

My first module. A module that shows school lunch menus in Sweden from www.skolmaten.se.

Basically it justs shows an RSS feed, but is very simple / has minimal configuration that works ok with the school lunch rss feeds.

Screenshot

alt text

Download

Version 1.0.0

• Initial release

• Hi!
    I have looked a long time for a module like this but I cannot get it to work.
    The module just says Laddar… (Loading…) bot no matter how long I wait I dont see anything else than that.
    I have tried both with my kids school and also your example.
    Please advise what to do next?

• I get the same problem. @retroflex, this is the output log, may help if you want to fix the issue:

TypeError: Parser.parseURL is not a function
        at Class.loadFeed (C:\Users\henri\MagicMirror\modules\MMM-Skolmaten\node_helper.js:44:10)
        at Class.socketNotificationReceived (C:\Users\henri\MagicMirror\modules\MMM-Skolmaten\node_helper.js:31:9)
        at Socket. (C:\Users\henri\MagicMirror\modules\node_modules\node_helper\index.js:113:11)
        at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
        at Socket.emit (events.js:191:7)
        at C:\Users\henri\MagicMirror\node_modules\socket.io\lib\socket.js:513:12
        at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:67:7)
        at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)

• @Henrik Thanks for the log. I’m not sure when I get the chance to look at it. I’ll try to reinstall from github on my mirror and see if I can reproduce when I get the time.

If anyone wants to give it a go, just go ahead…

• I get the same output log.

• @retroflex Sure, if you add me to the repo I’ll have a look. Github username is HenrikL6.

• @Henrik said in [MMM-Skolmaten] Shows school lunch menus in Sweden from skolmaten.se:

@retroflex Sure, if you add me to the repo I’ll have a look. Github username is HenrikL6.

Added you as a collaborator to the repo. I’m new to git so let me know if there’s anything else I must do. Follow up question: is it better to be a collaborator than to send pull requests? Or maybe just easier?

• @Henrik I had a quick look now and the exception seems to indicate that Parser cannot be found. Perhaps rss-parser package isn’t properly installed. Just to make sure: did you run “npm install” in the MMM-Skolmaten folder? Can you check if rss-parser is installed on your mirror?

• Yes, I did a npm install in the folder and yes, it seems that the parser is installed. I have a folder named ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-Skolmaten/node_modules/rss-parser with this content:
    .npmignore
    .travis.yml
    LICENSE
    README.md
    bower.json
    browser.js
    dist/
    index.js
    lib/
    package-lock.json
    package.json
    scripts/
    test/

Thanks for looking in to it!

• @erq Do a “npm install rss-parser@2.12.0” inside MMM-Skolmat folder and it will work.