New to MM

• Having this error, cant see were is the problem. some can help?
    And how can i set the default calendar to mexico holidays?

webcal://www.calendarlabs.com/templates/ical/US-Holidays.ics

Thanks all

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
    1 verbose cli [ '/usr/bin/node', '/usr/bin/npm', 'run', 'config:check' ]
    2 info using npm@3.10.10
    3 info using node@v6.13.0
    4 verbose config Skipping project config: /home/pi/.npmrc. (matches userconfig)
    5 verbose stack Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
    5 verbose stack     at Error (native)
    6 verbose cwd /home/pi
    7 error Linux 4.9.59-v7+
    8 error argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "run" "config:check"
    9 error node v6.13.0
    10 error npm  v3.10.10
    11 error path /home/pi/package.json
    12 error code ENOENT
    13 error errno -2
    14 error syscall open
    15 error enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
    16 error enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
    16 error enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
    16 error enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file.
    17 verbose exit [ -2, true ]

• @jorgeg73 said in New to MM:

You’re using Raspbian Stretch!?
    A lot of people here have had problems with stretch, though I don’t know if they are the same
    It’s still advisable to use Raspbian Jessie instead of the newer Raspbian Stretch

• Module Developer

@jorgeg73 said in New to MM:

5 verbose stack Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json’

I’m wondering, why node is expecting the file package.json in the home directory /home/piand not in /home/pi/MagicMirror?!

Are you running npm start from within the MagicMirror directory, i.e. did you do cd ~/MagicMirror first?

• Module Developer

Regarding Mexican holidays: there are free calendars available, e.g. here https://www.calendarlabs.com/ical-calendar/holidays/mexico-holidays-60/. I don’t know the exact URL to configure MM’s calendar module, but I’d start with the download link’s URL on this page.

• @lavolp3 yes on this one i will reinstall to jessie, the error didnt appear after several days. thanks

• @pinsdorf its on /home/pi/MagicMirror, I will reinstall , and after that i will report back and see if the problem comes back, thank you for the calendar too