MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Anyone face problem with MMM-EmbedYoutube module

• I had followed the instruction and added the scripts as per follow:

I edited config.js and added the script:

modules: [
    	{
    		module: "MMM-EmbedYoutube", // Path to youtube module from modules folder Exmaple: MagicMirror/modules/custom/MMM-EmbedYoutube/ so it's custom/MMM-EmbedYoutube
    		position: "bottom_bar",	// This can be any of the regions.
    		config: {
    			// See 'Configuration options' for more information.
    			video_id: "w3jLJU7DT5E"
    		}
    	}
    ]

And created a directory as /MagicMirror/modules/custom/MMM-EmbedYoutube created the 3 files:

1. MMM-EmbedYoutube.js
    2. license.txt (Although it is not necessary)
    3. README.md

But the script don’t work at all despite many attempts. I have also tried edited “video_id: “w3jLJU7DT5E”” for the source of the video.

Any thoughts?

• Module Developer

One thing which does not look right is the custom in your path. Moreover your path is in the root and not under /home/pi. It should read /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-EmbedYoutube or ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-EmbedYoutube, which is equivalent for user pi.

From your description I get the impression that you did not use the tool git to checkout the module into your modules directory. Is this possible? If so, please do the following:

• cd ~/MagicMirror/modules
    • git clone https://github.com/nitpum/MMM-EmbedYoutube.git
    • Leave the config.js as it is, it looks good
    • Start your Magic Mirror

• Hi pinsdorf, thanks for your prompt reply. I manage the clone and it works now. Thanks

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!