Anyone face problem with MMM-EmbedYoutube module

• I had followed the instruction and added the scripts as per follow:

I edited config.js and added the script:

modules: [
    	{
    		module: "MMM-EmbedYoutube", // Path to youtube module from modules folder Exmaple: MagicMirror/modules/custom/MMM-EmbedYoutube/ so it's custom/MMM-EmbedYoutube
    		position: "bottom_bar",	// This can be any of the regions.
    		config: {
    			// See 'Configuration options' for more information.
    			video_id: "w3jLJU7DT5E"
    		}
    	}
    ]

And created a directory as /MagicMirror/modules/custom/MMM-EmbedYoutube created the 3 files:

1. MMM-EmbedYoutube.js
    2. license.txt (Although it is not necessary)
    3. README.md

But the script don’t work at all despite many attempts. I have also tried edited “video_id: “w3jLJU7DT5E”” for the source of the video.

Any thoughts?

• Module Developer

One thing which does not look right is the custom in your path. Moreover your path is in the root and not under /home/pi. It should read /home/pi/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-EmbedYoutube or ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-EmbedYoutube, which is equivalent for user pi.

From your description I get the impression that you did not use the tool git to checkout the module into your modules directory. Is this possible? If so, please do the following:

• cd ~/MagicMirror/modules
    • git clone https://github.com/nitpum/MMM-EmbedYoutube.git
    • Leave the config.js as it is, it looks good
    • Start your Magic Mirror

• Hi pinsdorf, thanks for your prompt reply. I manage the clone and it works now. Thanks

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to MagicMirror Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.