MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Physical switch initiated with module in MM

• Hi,

I have a mirror to which RPI and Apple TV is connected - RPI to DVI, ATV to HDMI connector. I can switch between sources with switch on monitor (actually i extracted those switches and put them into mirror frame).
    But can I use RPI to “click the switch” using RPI’s GPIO?
    If so that it could be awesome to have a module for monitor steering - source selection or volume.
    Then module like MMM-Hover or any other button control module could be used to physically control display itself - there are always 5 or 6 buttons - so this module could just control push of those buttons…

Can anyone build that kind of module? or maybe there is one already?

Regards
    Mike

• Module Developer

@Gooral
    One possibility is using a Relay module like this Link.

AxLED

AxLED

• Yes, but still there is need for a module that will get payload from ex. MMM-Swipe (from ultrasonic sensor) and convert it into a GPIO signal sent to relay module or modules (if you want to click 6 physical buttons), right?

• Module Developer

If you want just to covert or relay notifications among several modules, check this.
    MMM-NotificationTrigger

• This one will be helpful anyway but I need to trigger a relay from a module using GPIO.