after struggling with existing iFrame modules, I decided to create my own…
Here are some other iFrame module :
- iFrame from desertblade : the original one with basics functions : one URL, no periodic refresh
- MMM-iFrame from alberttwong : allow several rotating URL but no periodic refresh of the content
- MMM-iFrameReload from TheBogueRat : one possible URL with periodic refresh
The functionnalities of my new iFrame module :
- Allow periodic refresh of the iFrame, or not (configurable), this allow to display images (with refresh) or video (without refresh)
- Ping the URL before trying to display the content. Display an error (with the last successful PING date and time) if the host is not reachable. PING code from MMM-Ping by CFenner
- If a PIR-sensor using MMM-PIR-Sensor module is used, the iFrame will not be updated during screen off (this behavior works also with all other module that send the notification “USER_PRESENCE”) and will be refresh with screen on.
- If the iFrame-Ping module is hidden (by REMOTE-CONTROL or any Carousel module for example), the iFrame will not be updated. As soon as one MMM-iFrame-Ping module will be again displayed on the screen, an update will be requested.
- Possibility to display the date and time of the last update request (configurable)
- CSS file
I tested it with MM² version 2.4.1.
I hope it can also be helpful for others, please let me know any issue.
Some screenshot :
Display YouTube :
Display camera snapshot (with updates) :
PING Nok :
PING Ok, iFrame upload on-going :
All infos and installation instruction :