MagicMirror² v2.4.1 is available! For more information about this release, check out this topic.
Please read the release notes carefully since this update requires adjustments to your Raspberry Pi configuration!

Magic mirror as thin as possible

• Hey,
    I want to build a magic mirror for my wardrobe and therefore it should be as thin as possible (similiar to this normal mirror).
    I guess that a laptop screen would be the best solution, but does anyone have experience with a thin monitor or tv?
    And can anyone recommend a good laptop screen?

• @ZombieDE You could get a flatscreen TV instead, a smaller one that’s meant to mount on the wall. then frame only the screen and mirror, and wire the RPi somewhere else in the wardrobe.

Or, if you can’t find a thin/small enough TV, you’d have some difficulty getting a laptop screen to connect to the RPi without it’s own Motherboard. No doubt, it can be done, but dude good luck.

• Module Developer

@ZombieDE

A wardrobe is a perfect place to fit a flush mount mirror, you should have enough space on the back of the wardrobe door to recess the entire screen and flush mount the mirror to the door.

A normal TFT (with casing) is around 50-60mm deep, that’s not much at all, you should have that much space on the inside, right?

• exact like hight of raspi