Windows 10 IoT MagicMirror (24-inch frame less)
techadi last edited by techadi
My first 400x600mm magic mirror (24" screen) is now finished!
I decided to develope the mirror with Windows 10 IoT and a Raspberry.
It’s all self-coded as an UWP-App for the Raspberry Pi 2.
Software features: (Running on a Windows 10 IoT)
- Weather Conditions live from Weatherunderground via API
- Weather Forecast for the next 3 days from Weatherunderground API
- Calendar Items over Google Calendar (there is no API available for UWP so i had to call it via REST and OAUTH)
- Calcultes the needed time to drive to the calendar event (live traffic jam and public transportation delays - GoogleMaps API)
- Station-List for the next public-transportation connections outbound the near train station (not visible in this picture)
- Of course the actual time (switchable to an analog-clock)
- Actual News over an RSS-Feed
- Flightradar binding, which is showing the nearby aircrafts
- World time with some important time-zones
- 24-inch HP monitor without frame
- Raspberry Pi 2
- TP-LINK Pocket AP Router TLWR802N (WiFi to Ethernet for better range)
- 433 MHz relay to switch the mirror on and off with a remote control
- 400*600mm 4mm 20% Mirror from Glas-Trösch (Switzerland)
Nice job, looks really cool. I’d love some more pictures of the final product, especially since you developed your own system.
pepemujica last edited by
@techadi Looks awesome!! Congrats!